Wednesday was awesome. I had 3 Relief Society sisters come over and clean my bathrooms. Let me tell you, that was wonderful. It looks like I got a new tub. Remember the grungy nasty bathtub that I thought might just need to be replaced? Maybe you didn't see it:
Ewww, yuck. Well apparently there is this really nifty steam cleaner thing. Probably not the technical term, but it is amazing! It's like a jumbo spray bottle that you plug into the wall. You fill it with water and it heats up. You flip a switch and steam is forced out through a small nozzle and that's how you clean. It's really slow going but really effective and easy to use. Much easier than when the ladies tried using a razor blade to scrap off the soap scum. Martha brought her steam cleaner over and here is the difference:
Holy smokes! I could not believe the difference.
You know what makes life so much easier? Having cabinets and places to put things when I unpack! My last kitchen has been rightly redubbed a hallway with a sink. There was a fridge, 8 inches of counter space, a sink, 8 inches of counter space, and a stove. With the few cabinets that fit in around those items. It was sooooo hard to get unpacked in that apartment because I had nowhere to put things! That is definitely not the case in this house. I am loving how easy it is for me to unpack and empty boxes every day. I've got my whole kitchen unpacked and still have cabinet space. I've got my bathrooms assembled and have cabinets galore to spare in them. I've got half my office unpacked. I think all we really have to do now is to finish unpacking a couple boxes in our room (well, that's me, really), and then decorate the place. Get my pictures and other decor out of their boxes and up on walls.
Okay, so a few fun things. Tommy loves bath time and he thinks that shower time for Momma and Dadda means bath time for him too. Shad got fed up with Tommy pulling the shower curtain back a couple days ago, and pulled Tommy into the shower with him.
Tommy was a little confused and slightly concerned at first, but then thought it was REALLY cool. And he just sat there the whole time. Talked a little bit occasionally, but mostly just sat there in the water. He was disappointed this morning when he didn't get to have a shower again.
In case you noticed, Tommy did get another haircut a week ago. Here's some pictures and videos from the past couple months to update Tommy's life and show what his hair was like before the cut.
Tommy loves his Ultraman toy. I bought the thing when I was in China. Ultraman is all the rage there with the kids. He's their super hero. So think Superman, but better because he has Kung Fu skills, too. Ultraman ran into
him:)
And here is the boy with his mop and his phone.
Tommy loves dancing to the Ki
Tommy also likes to play with his Uncle Levi's laser gun...
and fall asleep in any available lap...
and play with his Dadda at the end of the day.
We watched Mulan almost every morning while my semester was still going. That's how I got my breakfast eaten and homework done. One morning, Tommy was ready for a nap already and just cuddled up on the floor with his blanket. He was out in 3 minutes.
Dale is one of the young men in our ward and he gave Tommy his first skateboard ride last week. Tommy thought it was pretty cool.
And sometimes Tommy gets to play Magic with his dadda...sort of...
I think that concludes our life thus far...for those of us outside my body, anyway. Our new little shrimp is just 2 days shy of being 3 months cooked. There have been a few times when I think I've felt her moving. No, we haven't had the gender ultrasound yet. But we figure we'd rather call our child by the wrong gender than by IT. I don't particularly feel like putting house pictures up right now, so if you can, check them out on Facebook. If not, send me your email address and I'll email you my Shutterfly link.
What kind of steam thingy was it? We're renting a house built in the 60s and the tub... it's seen better days. I've used every thing and there's still some funky stains on it. Visitors always ask me what's up with my tub when they stay overnight... not cool.
ReplyDeleteOh and congratulations! on baby #2
And I stalked this blog from Natalie.