I guess I don't have any pictures this week, but don't let that stop you from reading further!
So after roughly 2 months of applying and being ignored or rejected, Shad had an interview on Saturday, Monday and Tuesday with three different companies. He was offered a job from the Tuesday interview at Natoma. It's a machining company here in town and he worked there before he went on his mission. Aside from currently dreading returning to work there, we like everything else about the situation and job: it's in town (instead of being in Iowa for 2 weeks at a time, as would have been the case with the Saturday interview), it pays well (well enough though??), has really good opportunities for pay growth, hooked Shad up with their intern program so that after 2 years of working there he'll have a machining degree as good as from a tech school, and offers great benefits. We just keep praying for Shad to find joy in working there, not dread. He starts a week from tomorrow.
Last week I got a nice little call from my favorite librarian, Rosalie. She is the cutest little old lady with a sweet, shaky voice and it's precious when she leads Story Time and has the kids sing God Bless America with her. I love her:) Anywho, she called to let me know that the book I had reserved, The Help, had come in and was available for me to check out. I completely forgot I had even reserved it. I also forgot that I had the book for about a week after I checked it out. So I just started it on Thursday. And then on Friday I realized that it's a 700+ page book and is due back on the 8th. It was a good thing I happened to be lightheaded and dizzy all day Friday (even while sitting down), so I went from 50 pages on Thursday to reading over 300 on Friday. I was also able to put in some good book time on Saturday. I'm over half way through now, but will still have to read a lot the next few days to get done in time.
Tommy is a wonderful son to have. Seriously, I don't think a day goes by without Shad and I commenting on what a fantastic kid we have and how thankful we are that he's ours. He's really exploded in the walking department. He now tries to walk everywhere...though doesn't always make it to his destination by foot, but plenty happy to continue on hands and knees. He can walk all the way across our living room though, and he loves it! He's been great at helping take care of me and my dizzy spells. He feeds me his food directly into my mouth and comes to give me hugs and cuddles frequently, as well as to pat my belly and give hugs and cuddles to his sister. I can't wait until she's here and we can all meet her. Tom will just love her so much! He was a great fellowshipper at church today. We had Scott and Beverly Burris come today that haven't been able to until today. He was happy to see them both and socialize with them. He also made new friends with Katrina and Preston David (the couple whose home was hit by the tornado in Almena) during Sunday School. He laughed with them and shared his goldfish with them and was just so happy to be their personal entertainer. They really enjoyed his company because, although they have 4 kids, they're unable to have more.
We got to enjoy a brief visit from my cousins Craig and Eric on Saturday. They were on a suicidal deadline to drive from Salt Lake City to Louisville in a Uhaul van in less than 48 hours. They had breakfast with us, socialized for a little bit, napped for a few hours, ate dinner and then had to go after a little more socializing. It was really nice to see them. Craig got to meet Tommy and Eric got to meet Shad (and vice versa). I got lightheaded again as they were saying their goodbyes, so I spent the rest of the evening reading more of The Help.
Think that's it and I'm off to play Cribbage with my husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment