Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Broken Things, Fixed Things, and Running Away From It All

I'm writing from my mother-in-law's house today because that's where I had to go to get some internet access. Not that anything is wrong with our INTERNET, it's the other electronics in the house that aren't working. My computer has never connected to our internet with our wireless router...but it does EVERYWHERE ELSE. And our internet provider tells me it's a problem with my computer, not the router. I don't believe that. I'm using my computer right now and successfully connected to the internet through a wireless router. Anyway, so there's one piece of electronic that doesn't let us use internet at home. But that's nothing new. The new ones are Shad's computer and our play station. Shad tried to turn his computer on on Sunday by pressing the on switch in the normal way any human being would do. However, it collapsed into the motherboard and is currently stuck there, disabling the computer from turning on. That was our main source of using internet. I took it to the computer repair shop in town today and they said they don't even work with that kind of problem because it involves taking apart the whole computer. They were helpful in getting the disc drive open so I could have my prenatal yoga video back, though. I'll take what little help I can get! And then the play station. Well it just refused to turn on on Sunday, period. And that just 5 minutes after the computer problem, so we were a little overwhelmed and frustrated. Of anything that I would have LIKED to break, my water did not.
Tommy spent Tuesday and Friday afternoon/evening at his grandparents' house. Tuesday was out of necessity for both of our emotions and sanity--we just woke up on the wrong foot with each other and were frustrated and snappy and just plain mean. So Nana came and picked Tommy up after work. Tommy and I were both very apologetic and nice to each other the next day. Then on Friday, Tommy kept asking me the whole day, "Nana? Baba? Bye bye?" So I called Nana when she got off work and she came to get Tommy. He was sooooo excited to see her, he jumped off my lap and ran across the room into her arms when she walked in the door. He then got his shoes and Nana got his car seat and we went outside. He was sooo happy to go into Nana's car and wave goodbye to me. Oh, that boy was so happy to finally have what he'd be asking for all day. And then I was told later that while at their house, Bumpa (Baba) came home and Tommy ran into his arms. But Bumpa really needed to use the bathroom, so he had to put Tommy down and that boy just CRIED and CRIED until Bumpa came back out. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but Tommy is just so attached to his Bumpa and can't seem to ever get enough of him...especially since he's a busy Bishop, as well.
Our friend and neighbor, Joe, came over on Monday to fix our car. It needed a toggle switch installed in the dashboard to manually turn on the fan so that the car won't overheat after 2 miles anymore. Now let me just say, that 2 miles has been nice because over the summer it barely lasted 1 mile before overheating. So now that our car is fixed, we're set to trade cars with Shad's mom so that we can get to Denver this weekend. We just don't want to test out the car on such a long trip yet. But we're excited to have a long weekend away, and yet even with the extra day from Shad's 4-day work week, it's packed full with things to do and people to see. Apologies if you didn't make the priority list this time.
I was super busy and productive on Monday. It's amazing what can be accomplished in a day when the one-year-old decides to sleep all day and I have no connection to internet. I mopped all my main level floors, vacuumed the living and dining room, did dishes, folded laundry, cleaned a bathroom, scrubbed cabinets and the kitchen trash can lid, cleaned the kitchen sink and also had time to collectively read 2 hours of scriptures while enjoying my back massager. I would have done yoga, too, but that DVD was stuck in Shad's computer.
Yesterday I tried to peel and cut a couple of my "squmpkins" for a squash soup and found that the skin was beyond peelable and also beyond cutable...even with my Cutco knives! I called my aunt Suzanne for advice and we decided that the best bet would be to try roasting one in the oven. I did, and it worked, but turned out that there really wasn't anything worth using on the inside. Luckily, I had one normal yellow squash and was still able to have my soup. I decided that the rest of my squmpkins will be fall decorations.
Well, I don't have any of this week's pictures with me, so they'll just have to go with next week's writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment