Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Weekend Guests

Last week went by really fast for me because I got confused with days.  With Tuesday's productivity, it somehow ended up feeling like a Monday, and that set the course for the week.  I had to keep reminding myself on Wednesday that it wasn't Tuesday and that I had to go to church that night.  I started The Jungle Book and expect that it'll be a fast read due to the low reading level, but Tommy got ahold of it one day and so I have to find it first if I want to make it past the first chapter.  Thursday we missed going to the library because I forgot it was Thursday.  Shad and I got our taxes done and are looking forward to our return in the next couple weeks.  My parents and Lori arrived on Friday just before dinner for the weekend.  So that meant lots of jabbering and bouncing off the walls with Grandma and dancing with Grandpa for Tom, and cuddles and dress up with Lori for Katie.  Ruth and Levi came over most of those days to hang out with Lori.  They had a "fat party" with Savannah, another girl from church, and chips, candy, juice cocktails and Titanic.  Tommy liked this, because it meant yummy food for him to get into.  He spilled the Nerds box a couple times and had fun cleaning up his mess.


We made colored rice on Saturday, a fond childhood memory of mine.  Tommy LOVES playing with it.  Lori and I went all out with my cake decorating dye and made Tommy almost everything in the spectrum.  Monday we had more fun with color when Lori and Ruth made fingerpaint.  Tommy enjoyed it, but he punctuated the fun with periods of fussing caused by a combination of a) liking clean hands, b) an oncoming teething session, and c) a pending bedtime.


He liked using paintbrushes.


Didn't like using hands so much.



Tommy's artwork.



Ruth and Lori's artwork.  They each put a handprint on each paper to complete each other.


We had a blast with our weekend, but are happy to have a bit of relief and quiet from the chaos of having so many people coming through our house.  Shad's parents brought stuff over from their house a couple times and we had the missionaries join us twice for dinner.  Oh, and Lori agrees with me that Elder Fairbanks looks like a grown up Beans from Even Stevens.  Just for kicks, she looked Beans up and we found out that he looks like this now:


Hahahahaha!  Okay, Elder Fairbanks looks like a different version of grown up Beans, but this picture is hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment