Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fun with Kids

This week has mostly been about having fun with my kids and I've really enjoyed it.  It's been so nice to focus on them and not feel so bogged down with housework or projects.  I am still occupied by both, though more on the back burner.  We've gone on lots of walks, played at the park, had our usual fun at the library, and goofy games and wrestling at home.  Tommy likes to wear his hat when we go outside, so he asked to put it on when we went out one day.  Then, being the nut he is, I had trouble getting his shoes and jacket on because he was too busy running around.  Pulling his hat down over his eyes helped slow him down for me to get the rest of him assembled.




It's nice having kids who are friends.  Tommy loves to help take care of his sister with diapers, clothes, pacifiers, blankets, etc.  His newest thing has been to offer to share his cup and snacks with her.  He tried giving her a goldfish in church today, and a piece of popcorn tonight.  He's also looking forward to the day I let him tackle and wrestle with her.  Thursday, he was content to sit in her bed while I got her changed and dressed.  He still loves the bear mobil.



Saturday we consigned several items left by Shad's parents and ran errands.  I made a peach crisp to take to a potluck dinner at church for the young women before the General Young Women's Broadcast.  While I was gone, Shad and Dale, one of the young men, went out frisbee golfing.  It was Tommy's first time and I was told that he had a lot of fun chasing down his frisbee (that Shad threw) and waving it around in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment