Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tommy Ate a Smurf!

Shad was gone for 8 hours for a service project on Saturday.  This was the kind of morning the kids had: Katie fell asleep on the floor in front of the living room stereo, listening to the soundtrack from A Knight's Tale, Tom's favorite.



Tommy refused to leave his cork and blankie in his bed, and since I wanted to get dishes and laundry done, I let him have them because it kept him out of my way.



Sunday evening, we went to wake Tommy up to go to the park.  We thought it was so cute that he fell asleep on the floor in front of his door.


And then he sat up.


 He had found an ink cartridge in his room.



It was in his hair and all over his face and hands.  A little bit on blankie and his shirt.




Smurf for dinner, anyone?


We called our friend, Robyn, and learned that makeup remover oughta take it off or fade it.  His face looks better now:)


 Meanwhile, downstairs, Katie rolled/scooted herself from where my phone is on the left, to where she is in the picture, bringing the Cheerios with her.


Yesterday, Tommy and I were doing some research on the computer and suddenly he started saying, "Uh oh! Uh oh! Uh oh!"  I turn to him and saw this.  One of the straps on his diaper came undone and the whole package dropped!


The guy who was fixing our van to sell it to us brought it from Phillipsburg last night.  Super exciting!  Katie and I spent an hour vacuuming it this morning; Tom helped me wipe the hard surfaces down with disinfectant while Katie took her afternoon nap.  We surprised Shad by showing up to work for his lunch break.  We'll work on the floor stains later.


Tommy had fun driving and honking.  He even needed to have his seat belt on!




Here's my huge garden plot.  I got spinach, broccoli, swiss chard, brussel sprouts, onions, carrots and radishes planted Monday.  Peas and lettuce are already growing.  I'll finish up with the tomatoes, peppers, squash, melons, beans and pumpkins next week.  Tommy helped me with potted plants in the afternoon.  We planted basil, parsley, cilantro and dill in glass jars, and finally transplanted the two spider plant starts I got from my mom in...February?!  Yep, that's right.  Then the missionaries came over to play Smallworld and have dinner.  We had to properly induct Elder Chesley.  Next will be to take them frisbee golfing because they got a little confused with the course trying it themselves.




 Do you know I like my boy?  I really do.  I had to go back in his room a few minutes after I'd gotten him set up for a nap because I forgot his laundry basket.  He was sprawled out reading in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment