I've got a lot of work ahead of me in making up for the whole month, and I give up trying to figure out the funkiness of this post's layout. It is what it is. It looks weird. Shad's grandpa died Sunday, August 5, and our lives have been chaos since then with preparing for an impromptu 10 day vacation, and then trying to put our house back together afterwards. Here's the "before Utah" bit of August.

My neighbor has given me several boxes of clothes she's getting rid of. Shad put one of the bras on Tom, which he happily wore the whole day. The bar across the picture is due to my memory card being damaged. We've since replaced it.
Poor kid was wiped out! He was being so good and watching his youtube videos while Katie napped and I worked to get the house ready for vacation. He told me he wasn't ready for bed, but I found him asleep doing the head bob not 15 minutes later. I moved him to a lying down position and let him be.
We love using our borrowed bike trailer, despite Tom's "I just woke up" face.
Shad and I enjoyed a grand 2 days of biking together. We went out to Prairie Dog State Park one Saturday morning and biked 6ish miles. Tom and Katie cuddled. We hit up the Pizza Hut lunch buffet on the way home. Awesome day.
Katie practiced her musician skills.
She loves any chance she gets to be included in what Tom does. Good thing he has two hard hats:)
Katie climbed into the bookshelf at the library.
She's got the whole "relax, take it easy" thing down.
Being the sweetie that she is, this is how she entertained herself while I prepped the house for vacation.
One day a cat wandered into our yard while we were playing.
He/she hung out with us for a good half hour.
I named him Stuart. Stuart's a good name for a cat.
The kids loved playing with him.
He was very friendly and initiated a lot of affection with Tom and Katie. He had a collar on, so I figured he'd have his shots, so I didn't worry. That, and his complete lack of aggression made him a delightful morning playmate.
Tom and Stuart. I had to tell Tom not to poke Stuart with his stick.
We also went "to yake!" Tom thought it was a good idea to put sand in his hair.
He was real proud of himself.
He gets more and more adventurous every time we go.
So much fun:)
We found this cool tree stump. Pretty cool to see how tree roots look with all the soil erroded away.
Katie with her beloved Dada.

















No comments:
Post a Comment