Sunday, January 6, 2013

We Were Sick, We Are Sick, And Hope to Not Be Sick

Aiya, this whole mess started on Tuesday.  Shad was achy and it spread to me.  Shad got over it, I got worse.  Wednesday wasn't too bad.  Thursday, Tom and I were both sick and could barely stay awake for more than 45 minutes at a time.  Poor Katie was left to her own devices.  I could barely keep us fed.  I didn't want to send her away to someone's house, because I didn't think she was entirely well and I just don't feel right about contaminating other people like that.  Katie's thrown up 4 times this week, to my count.  Tom and I hardly ate anything on Thursday.  In fact, I know exactly what I ate--4 bites of Ramen.  That's as much as I could handle a) sitting up, b) staying awake for and c) swallowing with my inflammed throat.  Yeah, Ramen hurt too much.  What's a pregnant lady supposed to eat if she can't even handle swallowing soggy noodles?  Friday, Tom was better and I was just laid out on the couch.  Couldn't do anything.  Result from eating nothing the day before?  I think so.  Luckily, Shad only had to work til noon.  Oh, I was soooo happy to have him home!

Saturday, I was quite amazingly better.  I could run errands (okay, I only needed to do one and I made Shad come as a chaperone because I didn't want to find out if I could do it myself or not), cooked lunch, put the kids down for naps, etc.  I was mostly back to normal, aside from the plugged up nose, hacking cough, and getting exhausted over small things.  At night, my voice sounded like Rose Dawson's at the end of Titanic--"Wait!  Come back!  Come back!  I'll never let go, Jack!"  Shad reminded me that in the movie, she did let go.

And that brings us to today.  Lovely today.  The kids presently have fevers of 102.  Shad's gone to church for who knows how long.  Let's calculate--leaving at 8:15 to go to meetings before church, approximately a total of 1.5 hours round trip driving time, church from 10-1, potluck afterward, youth training meeting afterward--if they do their training meeting while they eat, he might be home around 3.  Otherwise, I'm betting he won't be home til after 4.  Oh!  That reminds me that I still haven't mentioned it--Week before Christmas, Shad got released as Ward Mission Leader (thankfully), and called as Young Men's President...neither one of us is still quite sure what to think of that.  Shad's never even been in the YM presidency, so he has NO IDEA what he's doing.

But here's some pictures and I'm out.

Tom watching his buddy Ryan play video games.
 
 "Mom, don't take picture!"
 
Our Christmas tree, picture taken today.
 
 
Shad built a fortress for these two and set them up with chairs so we could all play "Bad Guys."
"Ready, Sis?"
 
"Ready, Bro.  Don't worry, we can take 'em.  There's a reason they call us Annie and Bill!"


 
"Think you shot the roof out..."
 
Rocky Raccoon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment