100% Whole Wheat Rolls--This recipe is not designed for whole wheat, but turns out wonderfully! I make the dough in my breadmaker.
Naan Bread--I use this as a pizza crust for our weekly pizza night. I make the dough in my breadmaker.
Whole Wheat Pancakes
Enchiladas--Mom's recipe that I've made such an overhaul on, it's become it's very own thing. One breast shredded chicken; 1 can black beans, drained; 1 can corn, drained; 1 cup of cooked rice. I make my own sauce: 1 can tomato sauce, 1/4 c water, 1/4 c vinegar, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, a pinch of cayenne if desired. Assemble enchiladas, top with cheese, bake at 350 for half an hour with foil on top. Remove the foil and bake another 5 minutes. *This makes approximately 2 9x13 pans' worth! With only ONE chicken breast! I love cutting down meat and expenses:)
Ham Soup--from my friend, Kathy, in Denver *great in the crockpot!*
4 c. water
5 red potatoes, cubed (leave the skins on)
4 carrots, cut into slices
1 onion, chopped
3-4 tsp. salt
1 tsp pepper
1 bag frozen broccoli
3 c. cooked ham, cubed
1 stick butter
1/2 c. flour
3 c. milk
4 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Combine the water, salt pepper and all the vegetables except the frozen broccoli in a big pot. Bring to a boil. About 5 minutes before the vegetables are done, add the broccoli. Cover and boil until all the veggies are done. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, melt the butter over a medium heat. Add the flour slowly, whisking constantly to make it smooth. Add one cup of milk. Continue whisking. Add another cup of milk. Still whisking. Add half the cheese. Don't stop whisking! Add the last cup of milk. I hope you're still whisking! Add the last of the cheese. Keep whisking until the whole mixture is perfectly smooth. Re-attach your arm. Now pour the cheese mixture into the cooked vegetables - you definitely want this still. Stir until well blended. Turn to low heat and add the cubed ham. Leave on warm heat and stir a bit until the ham is warmed through. Serve and Enjoy
Hot and Sour Soup
Chicken Gnocchi Soup--I was going to make the gnocchi myself, but lost track of time and substituted diced potatoes instead. Still good. I also used half the butter she said, and I think only 1 tsp of salt.
Tortellini Sausage Soup
Venison Stew
BBQ Sauce
Popped Chickpeas--Tom calls these peanuts because he won't eat them as long as they're called garbanzo beans. We love them as a snack with fruit smoothies. We've tried this with Montreal Steak Seasoning, Seasoned Salt, Parmesan and garlic powder, and Cajun and Creole Seasonings. Cajun and Creole are our favorites.
Egg Rolls
Steamed Dumplings
Butternut & Barley Pilaf
Sunburst Lemon Bars
Shepherd's Pie--Lots of adjustments with this. It's from Paula Dean and I don't like her overuse of butter and all things fat. Made my own mashed potatoes. Didn't put butter on top of the biscuit mix. I used a total of 3 T butter instead of 12. I didn't have tomato sauce, so I pureed diced tomatoes. Used pork sausage, celery, onions, and frozen mixed veggies.
Chicken Pot Pie
Meatloaf Cupcakes
20-40 clove garlic Chicken *crockpot!*--This recipe will be a snap now that I know about this method of peeling garlic!
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli over Rice *crockpot!*-- I modified the recipe in several ways: 2 tsp Cajun seasoning + 1 tsp garlic powder; 1 head of broccoli; and 1 cup grated cheese melted into the chicken broth instead of cheese soup. I didn't try subbing yogurt for the sour cream this time, but I probably will next time for less calories and fat.
Chicken Yakisoba
And just in case I failed all the other times I tried to share this recipe, here's Cookie Dough Dip
Non-edible recipes:
Baby Wipes
Laundry Stain Remover
Household disinfectant spray (my all-purpose cleaner)--3 T vinegar, 1.5 tsp baking soda, 1.5 tsp Borax, 3 c hot water. Fills a 28 oz spray bottle.
Cleaning your washer
Important Documents for 72 Hour Kit
Not a recipe, but I found a one-job-a-week Spring Cleaning list online that Mom wanted me to share. It can be found here.
No comments:
Post a Comment