Saturday, January 25, 2014

Katie's Birthday

I never wrote about Miss Katie's birthday (which was October 24). Or at least I don't think I did. And this will be a short entry now. Katie got to pick what we ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner. She and Tom took a bath after breakfast, then we went to the library. She chose hot wings for dinner and Tom suggested DQ for dessert. He helped me make a necklace for Katie and wrap her presents. Katie has loved playing dress up since...mmm...November 2012. So her birthday present was a no brainer to me. I collected dress up items all summer at garage sales and thrift stores. Oh, was she excited when she opened her first bag of stuff! She immediately glammed up with a headband, sunglasses, necklace, gloves, back pack and shoes.
 







Then Tom and I went out to get DQ and some candy to mix in. We put candles in Katie's ice cream.

In the weeks that ensued, we noticed a definite need for something to functionally contain Katie's dress up clothes. They were all over the floor and if they were put away in bag's, she'd have to pull everything out to find the piece she was looking for. So I found this idea for a dress-up box/closet from Gluesticks.com:




We decided it didn't have to be quite like that, but that we could use the two corner shelves we picked up on Trash Swap weekend, and the closet rod we removed from our basement closet. The result was this yesterday:




We'll see how well they keep up with it, but for now, they love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment