Monday, March 23, 2015

Tuesdays With Cathie

I have a new best friend. She's a 60 year old lady from church and I love her. We get together on Tuesdays and hang out. 


The kids all love her, too.


It all started when Cathie told me at church that I can call her for help any time I need it. When I nodded and said okay, she reaffirmed, with more force, that I should ask her for help. I told her that normally I'm one who struggles to ask for help, but that I truly would take her up on her offer. I called her that week and we've enjoyed all our time together since. She comes over regularly on Tuesdays around 10:30. We do all sorts of things together--laundry and dishes, organizing kid clothes, organize my craft room, pickle garlic, cook for Chinese New Year, finish my Family Date Sign. The sister missionaries have even started to join in.


Dancy took a long time to warm up to Cathie. She used to scream and cling to me whenever Cathie came in. She grew to tolerate and accept Cathie, and now loves her with all her heart. She asks to text Cathie, and the mere mention of her name sends Dancy running to the door asking, "Cassie?! Cassie?!"


We all just adore Nana Cathie:)


No comments:

Post a Comment