In December, I tried out making some slippers for Tom and Katie. I wouldn't normally take time to do something like this, but we thought we were potentially going to France (loooooong story), and so I was preparing "house shoes" for the kids to wear. Anyway, here's the "No-Sew" Slippers (they do require sewing, just handstitching and not machine):
I used my fleece socks for a pattern. I cut out three pattern pieces--foot, top, and back. Then I cut two of each piece out of my fabric. I used a sweater from the thrift store.
There's the bottom, back and top piece for one slipper. I have the heels of the bottom and back facing each other.
Lay the heels on top of each other and blanket stitch using yarn.
This is the bottom and back sewn together, only at the heel.
Then I laid the top piece on top of the open bottom and back, lining it up at the toe. I continued stitching from where I ended on the side of the heel. I stitched down the foot, around the toe, up the foot, up the leg, around the top, and down the other side of the leg, finishing at the heel.
I guess I forgot to take a picture of the final piece. Dang it.
While I was sewing, Tom kept me company and built me a castle house with wood pieces.
He's a sweet boy.
He's getting better with the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment