Shortly after we crossed the river into Wisconsin...
The farmer in the dell!
The farmer in the dell!
High-ho, the dairy-o!
The farmer in the dell!
The cheese stands alone!
image borrowed from Mousehouse Cheesehaus
The cheese stands alone!
image borrowed from Yelp
High-ho, the dairy-o,
The cheese stands alone!
image borrowed from Silly America
Okay, so I had to google these images because I didn't think to take my own, but we really did eat at Mousehouse Cheesehaus near Waunakee, Wisconsin. The food was phenomenal! I had a liver sausage and Mousejack with horseradish sandwich on toasted rye bread. The liver sausage was juicy, soft and melted in my mouth, blending perfectly with the warm, melted cheese. The horseradish added nice contrast in flavor, and the lettuce and toasted bread gave a nice crisp balance to the soft mush of the meat and cheese. Oh, did I mention the lettuce was GREEN? Yeah, we don't see much of that here in Kansas. And the tomato was red! That mouthwatering goodness was a drippy mess all over my fingers and it was delightful! Shad had summer sausage and cheddar with honey mustard on sourdough bread, also with green lettuce and red tomato. I tasted only one bite of his, and it was good but I liked mine better. MHCH also had seasoned meat and cheese curds out to sample, as well as some 20 cheese spreads and toasted bread bites. We sampled a good bit, and came away with a bag of garlic dill cheese curds. Shad and I weren't sorry that most of our kids didn't care for them. We'll definitely eat there again if we get back to Wisconsin!








No comments:
Post a Comment