Ugh! I hate when I have a post almost finished, click save, and then come to find out it didn't save. Fine then. Shortened version: Our water heater broke, life was crazy for a while, three days before Katie's party I overheard Katie tell Miss Patty at the library that her party is a princess party and Campbell needs to wear a dress.
So we Pinterested the heck out of this party and tried to keep my brain put together for three days just until the party was over.
I decorated our ceiling like this, but used rolls of streamer instead of...whatever that is.

Shad assembled the party favors.
Our first activity was decorating crowns. Shad drew and cut out 3 different crown designs and we turned the kids loose with stickers, sticker gems, markers and glitter glue. I turned on my Let It Go station on Pandora and we played "Name That Movie" while crafting. "Name That Movie" was such a bit hit that we kept it going during the whole party. Cole is a master at Disney songs. As kids finished, we moved to the living room to play the Elsa-inspired Freeze Dance--dance, but freeze when the music gets paused.
When the kids were exhausted and needed a break, we had a castle building contest.
Savannah, Hannah, Seana, and Campbell.
My friend Rachel stayed to help. She cleaned up after activities and cupcakes, and got lots of baby cuddles.
Seana, Dancy, Savannah, Katie, Campbell, and Hannah
Isla, Bridgette, Tommy, Cole and Dancy. Everyone loves Cole!
Seana, Savannah, Campbell, Katie, and Hannah
Cupcake time! Around the table: Dancy (on Cole), Seana, Campbell, Savannah, Katie, Bridgette, Tommy, Isla, and Hannah.
Katie loved this princess dress cupcake cake on Pinterest! I liked it because it wasn't an elaborate castle cake. She can have one of those on a year when I don't have a baby needing me to feed him.
Present time! Katie got bracelets and hairbows (purchased at the Norton Craft Fair that day), chocolate scented body wash, a homemade fabric crown, and nail polish.
We finished the party with some princess-ified version of Duck, Duck, Goose (might have been Princess-Witch, or Princess-Frog, I don't remember) and then hide-and-seek to kill time til the end. Katie loved her party with her friends.

In the first picture they used different colored plastic tablecloths and taped them to the ceiling 😁
ReplyDeleteThank you, Party Master!
Delete