Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Into November

We started going up to Denver the fourth weekend of the month for our stake temple day. In October, that meant we left Colorado Springs right after our church Halloween party, where at the end I dropped a heavy, metal chair on my foot. The following morning, I could barely manage walking and lamented that my mom didn't still have crutches at her house. But then the pain killers kicked in and I could walk with a limp. It took a long time to heal and my foot is still tender sometimes. Toward afternoon, I was feeling good enough to be able to walk through Park Meadows Mall for us to see the Lego Store and Disney Store. Sam was way overdue for a nap and wasn't very pleasant in the Lego Store. Shad took him out.


Tommy organized the apps on his Kindle. The categories are: school, games, science, music, amazon, kindle, and special. We love his spelling attempts.


I don't often get enough time to practice braiding, but Katie and I realized that church is a good time. I actually did a good one!


Katie braided my hair in return, but we didn't have a hair tie for mine. Katie is a really good braider.


I forgot to mention in Katie's birthday post that that was the day Shad got the call he'd been waiting for: he got a job as at Harris Corporation! He wouldn't start for three weeks, so since he didn't need to be job searching anymore, he took over the parenting business so I could work on editing the book manuscript I had in my docket. He found a fun outing to take the kids on every day.

The firefighter museum.
{Katie, Thora, Dancy}


Pretty sure one of the girls took this picture.
{Tommy, Shad, Samson}


{Dancy, Tommy, Samson, Katie, Thora}


Another day it was the library. After storytime in the morning, Shad took the kids to the park behind the library for a picnic before the ERC opened.


Walmart. Because lightsabers are awesome.


I needed a break from the house and screen, so Shad took us to Palmer Park, which he had previously explored with a couple kids. There was a nice, low haze over the city.





{Thora, Samson, Dancy, Shad, Tommy}


I have been hearing about Home Depot's free workshops for years from friends and cousins who share on facebook. But the closest Home Depot to us was hours away. Finally, we get to go to the workshops held on the first Saturday every month! We meet up with our friend, Jeff, and his daughter, Emmalynn. I love Thora's scrunch-face in this picture! She does NOT like her apron.
{Tommy, Thora, Katie, Jeff, Emma, Dancy, Samson, Megan}


Dancy's face takes the cake in this shot.
{Tommy, Thora, Katie, Jeff, Emma, Dancy, Megan, Samson}


Samson was my little build-buddy. He loves building and fixing things! Ever since this Home Depot experience, he's even more enthusiastic for it. He loves Home Depot and can hardly contain his excitement when he hears mention of it, stomping excitedly and running in circles.


It was a bonus for Sam that November's project was a HumVee for Veteran's Day. Samson loves cars!


Even after we finished building, Sam continued working. After all, there were all those extra nails and glue!



Dancy


Thora, always slightly animalistic.


Samson and Thora were fine and happy until the end when the kids are supposed to show off their projects to an inspector to get an "I DID IT!" pin for their aprons. And they didn't like my suggestion of a picture all together.
{Samson, Katie, Shad, Dancy, Tommy}


"Nah, I don't need anyone's approval. I'm just gonna drive my car."


And then there's usually some attraction to take a picture with. November's was Star Wars. I was really impressed with "Rey's" tough face, but then when she was an elf in December, she had the same expression. Now I think she's just really enthusiastic about this part of her job. Hahahaha!
{Thora, Shad, Tommy, Darth Vader, Rey, Katie, jedi, BB8}


Dancy and Katie started being friends! Now they share shopping dates, dress in matching outfits, and play together!
{Grump-face Dance and Katie Fonzarelli}






No comments:

Post a Comment