So I got my hair cut at the beginning of March and when I came home, two daughters gave memorable reactions: Dancy said I got boy hair, and Thora asked where her Rapunzel haircut was. You know, at the end of the movie Tangled when Flynn Rider cuts Rapunzel's hair and it becomes short and brown.
Thora kept up on her need to have Rapunzel hair for a week, so I finally scheduled an appointment. Katie had been talking about getting a Kit haircut (the 1930s character with a bob cut from the American Girl series). I convinced Katie to just get her hair cut at the same time as Thora and NOT wait until she bought the Kit doll.
I wish I had pulled Katie's hair to the front for the picture, but you can still see how long and stringy their hair had become. I was soooo ready for these haircuts!
We went to a hair school and everyone loved these two girls and how well they sat and chatted for their haircuts. Thora and Katie adored all the attention. Tommy was entertained playing Minecraft, Dancy chatted with everyone, and Samson mostly stuck on me.
Looooong hair!
Thora took full advantage of sitting in front of a mirror.
And then when she popped down out of her chair and I asked her to show me her hair, there was no end to her sass! We were all dying laughing!
After I snapped pictures as fast as I could, I switched to video and asked Thora to do some more poses, and she went straight into her yoga poses! Downward facing dog!
Katie is in love with her Kit hair!
The whole experience took about 2 hours with both girls getting their hair cut at the same time! It was a bit much for me, so it's a toss up whether to pay $7 and be there for nearly 2 hours, or just shell out the $12-14 and be done in half an hour. But we love the shorter hair that is much less tangled and much more manageable!










Love their sweet hair cuts!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! We do, too!
Delete