We got all moved into our new apartment on Friday and Saturday. Some guys from the Elders Quorum at church said they'd come help move at 6 pm on Friday. Shad and his friend Matt had already taken a truck load of boxes earlier in the day. The first people didn't show up until 6:45 to help. I was frustrated and had given up hope that anyone was coming and was about to call Jeremiah from the Singles' Branch to see if he could rope people into ditching their Friday night plans to help me. Luckily I didn't have to. More people showed up later and we worked until about 10:45, making two trips with two trucks and a couple cars. Shad and our neighbor Will moved the table and last odds and ends on Saturday while I showered at my parents' house--our shower needed Drano first, but I was too impatient.
Sunday we went to the old ward for Shad to give a talk in sacrament meeting, then to the new ward for sacrament meeting so we could find the ward clerk and get our records pulled in quickly. We all took a 3 hour nap after that and then tried to eat dinner. First time cooking in the new kitchen: FAIL:( Our kitchen consists of a fridge, sink, stove, no counters, no microwave and what few cupboards fit over those appliances. Between that and not knowing where all my kitchen supplies are yet, cooking was frustrating, messy and hazardous. I won't go into details, but I quit and gave up, being close to tears. The good news is that it can only get better!
We love our little Tommy and getting to know him. He gets his "peek eye" from Shad where his eyes stay cracked open while he sleeps.
cuddling with Mom
working on his modeling
getting a good morning stretch
No comments:
Post a Comment