Thursday, June 2, 2011

Storms and...well that's mostly it.

I meant to blog a week ago on Sunday and I didn't. Then we had a big thunderstorm with lots of lightning Tuesday night. My wireless router must have got a surge from one of the lightning strikes because it fizzled and died. That was the same day that we finally got our papers to sign for the house. The bank has yet to send someone to collect the for sale sign and the lock box on the front door knob. If you ever get the chance to do business with Wells Fargo, I highly recommend that you don't. I'm trying to find someone with bolt cutters.

Because our router died, we ordered a new one. It was kind of okay, because the router only worked with Shad's computer, not mine. We ordered a new one after I took the router into the store and told them what happened and they said I needed a new one. They didn't even look at it. Yesterday the internet wasn't working for the ethernet cable we were using. Turns out it was my fault because I had unplugged it during the windstorm on Monday. Anyway, it turned out to be a good thing because I played dumb on the phone and got technicians sent to the house. And they fixed the router! I was so shocked and it was such a quick thing that I didn't really have time to tell them to fix it to work with my computer. I think I'll call again and have them come back. I mean, I spent an hour and a half on the phone with someone the day before the router died. We tried everything in his book to get my computer to connect with the internet. No dice. I've never had this problem with any of the many routers I've used at other people's houses.

Well, my brain is getting fried, so I better hurry and wrap up. Tommy had a fever and runny nose several days last week. Couple that with sleeping a lot and being cranky when he wasn't sleeping=teething. Yet still no teeth to show for it. He finally got back to being himself yesterday. He was soooo much fun! Saturday we went to the temple in Omaha. Left home at 5 am to make the 10 am session. Then we had a quick lunch in the parking lot and went back in for the youth baptism session. We called my cousin Brian afterwards, who is in Omaha installing alarm systems for the summer. He met us after the session and we checked out the Mormon cemetery together, then went got pizza and ate lunch in the park. His wife Kristen and daughter Parker were in town from Cincinnati visiting him that weekend. It was nice to catch up with Kristen a little and meet Parker. She's a cutie just a month older than Tommy. She sure loves being the center of attention and showing off her big smiles and walking skills. We went to Walmart for a few things and then went home...getting home just after 9. We were exhausted.There's a new young couple in our ward that are fresh out of BYU and expecting a girl in September. We made quick friends with them because they live in Phillipsburg, which is just 30 miles away as opposed to the other new couple we'd like to be better friends with...but have trouble getting over the 80 mile obstacle. We brought lunch to their house after church a week and a half ago. They taught in China together in the same city as me the semester after I was there. They were at a different school though, but it was the same company. Pretty cool stuff. We had a lot to talk about with that.

Okay, last storm to mention is the hail and rainstorm that hit yesterday. Poor Shad was in a hole when it hit and he got pelted with golf ball sized hail. Not fun. I had talked to our insurance company on Thursday to come look at the house to give us an estimate. Since we had signed our contract on Tuesday, they said they'd come asap. I had to go in again today and tell them to get their butts up here. They did. Three big storms since we signed our contract? I want insurance!

Pictures now, and then we're done:

It's upside down, but it says "Congratulations Treva on losing 18 pounds!" Shad's boss ordered it for his wife.
This is what Tommy does when he sees the camera--sits down and looks cute...even if what I wanted was the picture of his bare bottom crawling away because he wouldn't let me put a clean diaper on:)


Court of Honor cake and cupcakes


Bedtime snack eating the crackers he threw on the floor during lunch that Momma was too busy to pick up.

We tried my glasses on him for the first time today because he wouldn't leave them alone on my face. He thought it was pretty cool:)


Me and my little buddy. He let me have my glasses back so I could see.

2 comments:

  1. HEY! WE WERE MENTIONED!!! We would like to be better friends with you too. someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So my question is: why the heck would you buy your wife a cake if she's trying to lose weight? Get that woman some slim fast or fresh fruit!! :)

    ReplyDelete