Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy to be Home

We've really enjoyed our month of seeing people, but we are sooooo glad to be home!  I don't know that I've ever been so happy for the end of a month, but May was just a lot to handle.  Now we can focus on reclaiming control of our home, reading for the library summer reading program, potty training, finish sleep training, and catching up on my list of projects.


Since our trip, we've moved Katie into Tom's room.  They did fine sharing a room at Dan's house and it's nice to have to spare rooms now.  Tommy likes Katie being in his room and he's a sweetheart.  He turns on the music if Katie wakes up too soon from napping, hands her toys in her bed and talks to her over the railing.  I ran to their room one day as naptime ended with Tommy wailing.  He was looking over her railing and she was happily wiggling about in her playpen.  It took me a few seconds to realize that he had dropped his blankie in the pen!  Oh, that's the worst!  Hahaha:)  Funny kid.  Goofy Tom went upstairs to nap one day without a word.  I found him curled up in the glider, sleeping with his cork and blankie.


We finished painting our basement while we had Ruth, Levi and Pris here to help.  We LOVE it!  It's so nice to hang out down there.


Much better than before:


This is the clock that Shad made me for Mother's Day.  I love clocks and I loved this before I even knew what it all meant.


Here's the explanation email I got from him: So the idea for this just came to me one day and I just went for it. I hope you like it.

Some of the items are fun remiders and some are just for fun. Either way when you look at it I hope it brings smiles to your Face.

1. Tom, our firs born. He likes Tommy time and walks
2. Katie, our second born. She likes tummy time and loves
3. Clothing, money, family, just three things to be greatful for. When you are feeling down, count 3 things you are greatful for and you will start to feel better.
4. Food. You feed your family so well. This is a reminder for you to eat too.
5. Tom wants a high five.
6. Games with friends and Music. May our home ever be filled with both.
7. I know you  like to read. Our kids like to read. We Like to read. Also a reminder to read scriptures.
8. Bike. Represents exercise in general but also biking.
9. Pillow and Blanket. Relax when you need to. I love you(not part of the 9, just wanted to let you know).
10. Vitamins and Water. Good for babies and Momma.
12. We are Two people but one cupple. 2 and 1. Seemed like a good 12. I love us (that means two things!)

I love you so much and I hope this is a good present. Happy mothers day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment