Friday, April 5, 2013

Teeth and Dragon Poops

TOTALLY forgot to update Tommy's potty training.  It's pretty much complete.  I gave him his Peter Pan movie on Sunday after he had earned 7 stickers for pooping on the toilet.  It was supposed to be 10, but he was so excited about getting it that I couldn't tell him, "No, you need 3 more stickers."  And he's more than earned those stickers.  Most of the time I tell him when it's been a while (roughly 24 hrs) and make him push it out, but on Wednesday night when I was cleaning the church, he told me he had to poop on the potty.  I wasn't quite fast enough in my response to him, and he pressed, "MOM, will you please help me?!" He successfully made it to the bathroom (luckily that was where I was cleaning at the time).  Upon inspecting it afterward, he exclaimed, "It's just like a shaushage!" (sausage)  He was so proud to run down the halls of the church and tell anyone he saw that he pooped on the potty.  Last week after a successful poo, he ran to tell Shad, "Daddy, I pooped on the potty for YOU! It's a dragon poop!"  It was his biggest up to that point.

Can you believe we started potty training 4 weeks ago?! To all those who supplied negative and pessimistic support telling me how hard or impossible it would be, eat that.  I won't tell you when Katie is potty training until she's done with it because I don't need that crap.  But she is starting to seem jealous of Tom's new skills and praises, and loves to sit on her own potty every time anyone goes to the bathroom.

And then there's Katie's language.  Holy cow, I just cannot get over this girl's language skills.  Seriously, that is my favorite area of development with both kids.  It just excites me and thrills me to pieces.  Maybe it comes from my time teaching English in China and drawing parallels to teaching my own kids to speak English.  Anyway, I already wrote about how she says, "I got it!" The phrase that preceded that was, "Get it."  She also says stop.  Just yesterday she told me, "Stop it.  Wait a minute!" Complete with holding her hand out toward my face.  On Wednesday, she was wandering the halls at church and found our friend Catrina.  When Catrina asked Katie to come over and see her, Katie got cold feet and asked for me.  Catrina asked where I was and Katie turned down the hall and said, "Follow me."  Really?! Dang, little girl!  I've never heard that one before!

Also, Katie cut her 3rd tooth 2 weeks ago and is working on the 4th to go with it.  Congrats, little girl, on getting your 3rd tooth.  It's not like you're 17 months old or anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment