Sunday, November 10, 2013

Anniversary

Our anniversary was September 12th, and since we had already gone out to dinner in the name of it and it was awful beyond reason (Casa Bonita should be labeled: Not fit for consumption of self-respecting human beings), Shad told me at lunch that day not to cook what I had planned on cooking, because HE was going to cook for me.  Oh, my goodness! Did he ever!
 
Chicken and bacon (cooked together) on penne in a ranch-olive oil-parsley sauce, topped with shredded parmesan cheese
Ginger-honey glazed carrots
"Vegetarian Oysters" aka garden tomatoes he got at work that day
 
 
Oh, it was delightful!

 
And we got to share our meal with two of our favorite people.

 
I've been in love with these Swedish Dala horses ever since I read The Christmas Elves by Jan Brett in elementary school.  I love her books! These Dala horses are crazy expensive though! $18 for a 1 inch tall horse, $25 for a 3 inch one, and roughly $80 for the foot tall one pictured below. Guess how much Shad was able to MAKE that for? $2. Free wood, a can of clear spray paint, a bottle of orange poppy acrylic paint, and the rest we already had in stock.

 
I love seeing it on top of my piano all the time!

 
I made Shad a spooning sign.
 
 
And "I love us."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment