Our biggest fascination on Netflix is Magic School Bus. Ms. Frizzle reminds me of a middle school teacher I had. So funny to see that now, rewatching the show. But every episode, "The Frizz" encourages the kids to "Take chances, make mistakes, and get messy!" To learn by exploring and living. Reminds me of a Chinese quote I read in a book on homeschooling--"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I know." So I've been having the kids be more involved in their lives.
One Sunday while Tom was still napping, Katie made banana chocolate chip cookies with Shad.
Dough is always the best part.
When Colorado flooded in September, we got loads of rain too. It created mud for Katie.
Tom doesn't like to get messy like Katie does. She flecked a little mud on him and he freaked out.
But Katie played with it by the pail load. Got it all over our ready-for-the-curb couch (which has since gone), as well as most of their porch toys.
One evening we went for a walk to find puddles. We had no trouble finding them.
Look at this boy's face! This is essence of Tom.
The kids had a warm bubble bath when we got home.
Peanut butter.
Delight.
In our mess making, we're learning about clean up, too.
Tom's an eager helper.
Tom and Katie have been practicing flying lately.
We watched all of the British tv show Merlin over the summer. This time Katie fell asleep watching while eating pizza for dinner.
And she kept eating.
Still asleep.
Yes, she's still asleep.
She didn't finish her pizza, but she did make a good effort and we have to give her credit, considering she was ASLEEP!






















No comments:
Post a Comment