Monday, February 10, 2014

Developments

Tom--
Tom is a talker. There's a line from The Incredibles that he quotes all the time--"You sly dog! You got me monologuing!" And we sincerely believe that if Tom were a super villain, monologuing would be his downfall. Not only is he a bit of a blatherskite (I've been on dictionary.com today:), but he scripts our lives for us. "Mom, can you tell me, 'Good job! That is correct!'?" "Katie, say, 'I don't know, sweetheart.'" "Dancy, can you say, 'Thank you, Tommy!'?" (Dancy is not talking in words yet.) Yesterday on the phone, he told Grandma that when she comes to visit, they'll play and he will get married. He will get married when he's big like when he's 6. He also likes to explain everything under the sun to Katie. Here's a dialogue from breakfast a few days ago:
Tom: "And that's what she said, my dear!"
Me: "Okay, my dear!"
Tom: "I'm not your dear."
Me: "Yes you are."
Katie: "You're a REINdeer!"
Tom: "Katie! She is NOT a reindeer. She's a mother! Only Santa Claus has reindeer to FLY through the sky. You understand?!"

He's also started climbing on the backs and arms of couches so he can jump around and slide down the backside. This needs to stop, because he's had several close calls with serious injury.

Katie--
She's potty training! And she's absolutely amazing. We started 10 days ago, and have only done training half of those days because I've had morning all-day sickness. Already, she's got the peeing under control and I don't have to monitor her on it, and she pooped voluntarily this morning! In the middle of playing and while I was resting on the couch trying not to throw up, she ran to the bathroom and came back to report that she peed. Tom and I ran to the bathroom to celebrate with her, only to find that it was a HUGE poop, and not pee! (Okay, so the girl needs to straighten out her pee from her poo.) But that is a HUGE accomplishment! Way to go, Miss Independent! She also calls and texts her favorite people all the time. She calls Uncle Levi, Grandma and Nana much more often than I actually let her. She has fake conversations with them, which are quite fluent. Last week she pretended to call Grandma on her camera and said, "Hi Gamma. Um, I  just miss you a lot. Where's Gampa? He's at work, sweetie."

Dancy--
She's sitting up professionally now. She's following suit of Tom and Katie and refusing to eat baby food. She got a taste of Mom's cooking and has refused to eat the jar stuff ever since. She enjoys eating anything we're eating--yogurt, tortellini, Cheese Soup, 7 layer dip, etc. She loves feeding herself bananas, carrots, crackers and cereal in her high chair. She's not crawling or scooting yet. Not even an army crawl. We think she's more of a swimmer. When she gets excited and wants something or someone, she flexes her abs so that her body lifts higher, then waves and kicks with frantic excitement. Otherwise, she's quite content to just rotate and roll around. She also loves to talk. And she's quite loud about it. A couple weeks ago I had to sit in the foyer of church during sacrament meeting because Dancy wanted to talk. She likes to laugh. Sometimes she'll be playing on the floor and we'll make eye contact and smile at each other. Then we just laugh with each other and she thinks it's so fun! She loves to play with Tom and Katie, and they always ask if she can get down on the floor to play with them. Tom will run around and throw himself into walls or down on the floor and get Dancy laughing up a storm. Katie will sit and read books to her, and share babies.

Me--
Did I say morning sickness? Yes, I'm pregnant:) My development is the size of a blueberry. Along with a delightful aversion to FOOD. Gosh, it is so hard to find anything that sounds appetizing. Not just appetizing, but something that I can think about eating without it making me wretch. Absolutely can't eat fish. I'm not near as sick as I was with Tommy, but a bit more than I was with Katie and Dancy. Baby Blueberry is due on my birthday, September 25. Tom says he also has a baby in his belly, and that his baby's name is Ryan. His baby Ryan doesn't make him sick, but sometimes my baby makes me sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment