Friday, March 21, 2014

Two Months of...

Awfulness, joy, excitement, near death, misery. That probably sums it up well.

We came home from our cruise and had the exciting reunion with our kids. Katie asked to go back to Nana's house daily for two weeks. Dancy learned to army crawl and say Dada in the same week. Tom helped me potty train Katie. I got called as Primary second counselor at church. Shad taught Tommy and Katie to say, "I'll sing a song for a penny!" And Tom now extorts me for two pennies, or a quarter. I make him sing tough songs for that quarter. Twinkle Twinkle just doesn't cut it.

We found out I'm pregnant! On Tuesday I will be 3 months pregnant, and no, this isn't a cruise baby. Do the math; this is a holiday baby. I've had 7 weeks of miserable sickness. I hate food. I'm nauseous all the time. I have to eat every hour and a half, yet I can't even think about food without being nauseous. Opening the fridge has been like playing Russian roulette--never know when I'm gonna have to dive for the sink because SEEING food made me throw up. We don't talk about fish. I ate too much on the cruise and combined that with being seasick. So that means I missed out on the awesome seafood sale for Lent. Gosh, just talking about it now--gotta change the subject. Some days I'm okay! But then I move around too much and get motion sick. Or I try to brush my teeth and trigger a gag reflex that can't be controlled. Or I cough, sneeze, or blow my nose and trigger said gag reflex. I hate those days the most because I feel cheated.

Tom and Katie have been sweet helpers through everything. Poor kids though just get so pent up being inside taking care of their sick momma all the time, and it's not for my lack of trying! Every sick day--the really bad ones where I struggle to get off the couch to feed them or wipe their butts--I have tried everyone I know in town to take the kids. And we've pretty much been on our own.

Happier topics: My parents visited over Presidents' weekend. I was supposed to take loads of pictures for Lori and to update our Grandma and Grandpa picture collection, but I didn't. Just a few.

Of Dancy and Grandma.


 
And Tom and Katie slurping jello through straws.


 
I tried to get a video of them both sucking their jello to share what that sounded like, but it was a fail. Instead, here's "I'm a Bologna."
 
And then normal life resumed. Katie discovered she could make a house with her body.
 
 
Tom had to practice a bit,

 
But he eventually got it. Now they flip over their heads all across the room and back. 

 
Tom was playing with his rhino toy and started making him blast farts.

 
It's nice when someone else (Tom) is the photographer sometimes, because then I get to show up in pictures.

 
The beginning of sleepovers. Shad had an exclusive sleepover movie night with his kids. I'll admit, I felt a little left out, because I had nothing to do otherwise. But it was important for them to have good Dadda time. Pretty sure Tom was still awake at midnight.

 
Lori needed me to get this onesie. Ruth may have collaborated.

 
She's my cheeky babe!

 
Dancy is really good at spitting her tongue.

 
And making this face.



She's also a really good swimmer! As shown in this video: http://youtu.be/8rz3LCC1m54
 
Then Katie and Tom climbed on top of her. This may or may not have been a Hercules play moment where Tom is assigned the character of Hercules, Katie is Meg (or Phil), and Dancy is Pegasus. Or it may have been How to Train Your Dragon, though they usually play that on the coffee table.
 
Does it ever get old appreciating the peaceful looks of sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment