Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Family of Superheroes

For a long time now, Tommy has been introducing himself as Spiderman, and Katie introduces herself as Batman. They tell that to anyone they see in stores or at the park. Likewise, they also tell people that Dancy is Flash, Momma is Firestar, and Dadda is Iceman.

Today we had our 20 week ultrasound. Tommy and I have been referring to our baby as a boy, and occasionally Katie chimes in that she wants our baby to be a "giiiirlllll!" To which Tommy always responds, "Katie, you can have DANCY and I can have our BOY BABY." Love that guy's logic:) However, today on the big screen, she was definitely a girl and not a boy. Tommy cried! Katie was quite triumphant in rubbing it in his face, "We have a girl baby! Not a boy for you, Tom!" So he's going through a bit of mental rehab now, coming to terms with his third sister.

I told him that her name will be Thora Nicole. He asked me what Thora means. I told him it means Thor and that our baby Thora can be Thor to join our superhero team. He quite liked that idea and reminded me that "Thor means thunder!" I think he's starting to be more accepting now that he knows she'll be Thor to be a superhero with all the rest of us.

Also, picking up a bag of pink marshmallows to celebrate on the way home seemed to help, too.

 
Quite an intense flavor.

 
Paul and Mallory have called dibs on getting a hammer for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment