I just love celebrating first birthdays. A two-year-old can somewhat understand what's going on, but a one-year-old has no clue. They understand that they're getting a lot of attention and that today is special, but they have no idea why. It's so fun! Tom and Katie helped me put up our Happy Birthday banner and blow up balloons before we got Dancy out of bed. She played with the balloons while I got breakfast started. She got to eat a banana and oatmeal with raisins, her favorite foods. We played and had fun inside for most of the day while it was rainy outside. She had an early nap that set her off schedule with Tom and Katie, so instead of them all napping at the same time, she woke up when they went down. So she got a lot of personal attention from me and Shad. Shad took the kids for a walk while I cooked dinner. Katie chose macaroni and cheese for Dancy's birthday dinner, which was a good choice. I made it homemade with broccoli and hot dogs. That girl loves to eat hot dogs. After dinner, I finished decorating Dancy's cupcakes and Tom helped me wrap her presents. Our friends, Brittany and Ryan, came over for Dancy's little party and games afterward.
Katie picked owl cupcakes from pinterest.
Dancy got Puffs, a new outfit and a pink teething ring from Brittany and Ryan.
I sewed her a new hooded towel to replace the infant one that no longer fits her.
She liked it:) We also gave her a doll...and I have to find the other toy that I had set aside for her.
Believe it or not, this is her AFTER cupcake picture! Cleanest one year old ever! And her bib is dirty from earlier in the day, not her cupcake.
Happy birthday, darling! We look forward to next year:)
No comments:
Post a Comment