Monday, June 30, 2014

Family History Tourism

I LOVE cemeteries! On our way home from Omaha two months ago, Shad and I took a detour to visit a cemetery just south of Omaha and take pictures of headstones that family history digging has made me aware of. Shad said we should have photographed every single one, as it's possible I'm somehow related to all of them, being in such a small community like that. I know I'm related to all of the Hennings; that's the maiden name of my paternal Grandpa's mother. So here's what we captured, whether or not all the names are related to me.

Glendale Cemetery, Louisville, Cass County, Nebraska











 

The name Tritsch is somewhere in the family line, whether married to a Schafer or a Hennings, I can't remember. I get so lost with all these people.












 
Someone married a Urish.


























 






 
Some of the headstones were so worn down we could barely read them and I had to trace my fingers over some parts to make it out. Here's what we wrote down of those in a notebook.
 
Dear Infant
Daughter of
F.J. and A.N.
Hennings
Died Nov. 21, 1887
 
Dear Infant
Son of
F.J. and A.N.
Hennings
Died Nov. 21, 1888
 
Ferdinand J.
son of
H.J. and R
Hennings
Died Oct. 23, 1883
Age 1 month, 5 days
 
Infant Daughter of
H.J. and R
Hennings
Died Oct. 7, 1884
Age 3 days
 
Henry J.
son of
J.A. and M.
Hennings
Died Jan. 17, 1875
Age 2 mon, 21 days
 
John W.
son of
J.A. and M.
Hennings
Died July 3, 1887
Age 1 yr, 3 mon, 14 days
 
Elizabeth
Daughter of
P.V. and E Volk
Died Sept 10, 1888
Aged 1 yr, 1 mon, ? days
 
Grace M.
Daughter of
A. and M. Schaefer
Died July 1, 1900
2 yrs, 25 days

No comments:

Post a Comment