Tom:
"Tom is on the job." "Mom, you might need your son to clean up the living room." I asked Tommy what Shad says about hard things. "Hard things make you..." "Sad!" "No, goofy! Stronger! Hard things make you stronger!" "Ooooh, sexy momma!" Shad told Tom and Katie to thank me for the bed time ice cream, and they turned to me and said, "Thank you, sexy!" Tom and Katie have been going waaaaaay to biblical lately. Tommy used to propose to me every day. "Mom, will you marry me?" And after explaining to him why that would never happen, he'd turn to Katie, who would accept his offer. It's been a while since I've heard any of that, but now I just heard, "I'm going to have 10 babies. Katie, you can have one of my babies."
Katie:
"Mom, I'm big. Do you know why I'm big?" I said, "No, I don't. Please tell me why." "Because Martha wants me to be!" Katie is down to one diaper a day, only for bedtime. An ad I put out on facebook in June: "
Anybody wanna take Katie? She's available to a good home. She wants a new mom and is willing to go live at a new house, or let the new mom come to ours so that I can leave. Not even kidding, we had this conversation. She's upset at me because I made her lunch and she wanted her new mom to do it. She opted to go take a nap without lunch because I made it instead of her new mom."
From June 19: "Please stop today before the messes get any worse! In chronological order, I've had to clean up: yarn ball mess that trapped Dancy, abandoned juice spilled by the one-year-old, Katie dumping a full bottle of soap in the sink to try and wash something, Katie needing her clothes changed because she's soaking wet, (all while I was trying to get caught up on dishes) finding dried poop on Katie's butt ...and clean underwear because it slipped her mind to tell me that what she was trying to clean in the bathroom was her own poop, Katie flinging her cup of milk across the room (accident, but still aggravating), Katie constantly making a mess in her bedroom, Dancy breaking a dresser drawer so that I can't open it to put laundry away, and a HUGE spider web built across the middle cushions of my living room couch as if we hadn't just been sitting there! This must stop."
Dancy:
Dancy is finally crawling down stairs! She signs more, all done, eat, water, milk, bed, please, thank you. She says mom, dad, bird, dog, hi bird, hi dog, uh oh, poop, banana, diaper, up, down, outside, blankie, baby, bye, boo, beep, and does a good job at repeating words she hears, when she's in the mood to, anyway. I heard "delicious" very clearly from her just a couple day ago. She has a proper princess wave--arm straight out and just waving at the wrist. Every night at bedtime after scriptures and prayer, we have our hugs and kisses time. Dancy just always lights up and gets so excited to come give everyone hugs and kisses. Sometimes Tom wants a group kiss for Dancy, so we all gather around her and kiss her head wherever lips can reach. She laughs with delight:) Shad is her love. She always gets so excited when he comes home. Yesterday, I had my neighbor Ashley come over to watch the napping kids for a few minutes when Shad came home so that we could look at a mattress. When we came home, Dancy looked at me, then looked at Shad and jumped out of Ashley's nap with a squeal and smile. I love seeing my kids love their dad:) Makes my heart rejoice. Dancy is 14 months old, 16 lbs, and still not walking yet. Shad and I have realized that it's not her fault though. She's so cute, cuddly and lightweight that we just carry her everywhere and forget to put her down and teach her to walk. She's a loving girl who only shares her love when it's spontaneous and genuine--doesn't hug and kiss upon request.
Dancy is a climber.
She crawled herself into the library's statue display case, and entertained Tommy and Braeden.
Then Tommy joined her.
I love teaching my kids the finer points of 90s cinema and getting to relive it all. We took a break after the holiday season when we watched Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Home Alone 1 and 2. Now we're back at it, with The Three Musketeers (Tom cheered when King Louis punched Cardinal Richelieu into the water: "Haha, YES! I KNEW he would die!"), The Sandlot, The Mighty Ducks 1 and 2, and all three Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Still need to show them The Goonies, Neverending Story, and find access to Flight of the Navigator.
A couple months ago, Shad took the kids out for a walk and Katie came home with a new nickname--Dragon Butt. I understood right away. Boy, can that girl DRAG HER BUTT when she's not wanting to do something--even if it's walk home for dinner. On another walk I said something to the effect of, "You better be haulin' butt or I'm gonna get grumpy!" So that stuck too. We now have Dragon Butt and Hollan Butt, and they are applied to whoever is deserving of the name. In Colorado, Tommy walked to the park with Grandma and Grandpa before I was ready to follow with Jen and Becky. Tommy asked where we were and Grandma said I was being a slow poke. Tommy asked what that meant, and Grandma explained it to him. He said, "Ohhhhh! My mom calls that Dragon Butt and when I'm fast, I'm a Holland Butt!"



No comments:
Post a Comment