Sunday, August 3, 2014

County Fair 2014

We got back from Kentucky in time to be in town for the county fair week. This year I tried to get us down for more than just the rides. I only managed to get out one morning due to heat, recovering from our trip, and preparing for the next one. But we got to see large animal day.
 
We saw goats
 
 
sheep, (and super heroes),

 
pigs,

 
ducks (Tom and Katie's favorite),

 
guinea fowls,

 
rabbits,


 
 cows (Dancy's favorite), and horses.

 
When the heat started to look like this on Dancy's face and she started to wilt a bit, we left the stables and went to the 4-H building to see the craft portion.
 
 
Maybe next year we'll think about participating in the craft and baked goods. Tommy wanted to contribute a craft.
 
After our morning at the fair, I thought about getting some lunch for us, but remembered hot dogs at home. Dancy got to have a pile of ketchup to dip her hot dog slices into, but instead she ate the ketchup separately with her fingers and then ate the dogs. She really likes ketchup:)

 
Friday night is the $5 wrist band night, so we had our dinner at the fair and then hit the rides. This year I remembered that last year Shad got the pork burger and I was jealous over how good it was. We both got our own this year. And Tom and Katie have vivid memories of the fair, so they already knew exactly which rides they wanted to get on. Super important was the tractor ride.
 
 
It was quite hot though:)

 
Dancy showed no interest to get on any rides, but was happy to sit in her seat or on my hip and wave to her siblings as they circled by.


 
Tommy was able to fully push the elevator button for the flying critters this year, so we made sure Katie rode with him. I love the look on Tom's face in this picture.


 
Spinning cups.

 
We saw our friend Brionnah at the fair and asked her to ride the roller coaster with Tom and Katie to be their cushion. I'm pregnant, and Shad had sore ribs from a few dives in the Pine Paradise volleyball tournament, so he didn't want to get in, either.

 
We enjoy our county fair. It's a nice way to connect with our community, and it'll be fun in coming years to find ways to be involved in it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment