I didn't take many pictures and I'm not remembering much of the trip right now. We went to Cherry Creek Reservoir, and Katie will be disappointed that I forgot to take a picture of her and Bode playing. We fed ducks at Expo Park, and Dancy still talks about wanting to see baby ducks. We got to meet Lisa's boyfriend Cameron. None of my kids can remember Lisa's name.
We met up with Jen, Lisa, Lori and Cameron at Newcomer Funeral Home where Becky works to take a picture of all the sisters. I guess my camera wasn't used for that. Lori, send me some.
Lisa couldn't keep her eyes open for the life of her. Now my kids will REALLY not remember her;)
Tom loves, loves, loves his Lori.
Dancy's favorite thing in the world right now is to be chased. She asks for it. She loved getting Bode to chase her.
A video of her delight:
Katie and her best friend, Erik. He's 13.
Our last night there, we (Becky, Brandon, Jen, Erik, Bode, Amber, Tom, Katie, Dancy, Thora and I) went to an indoor trampoline place. Tom and Katie had gone with Becky the previous year, and Katie still happily talks about her fun date with Becky (though she conveniently forgets how she crapped her underwear and Becky threw it in the trash).
Katie was so good at climbing up the sides.
Tom really had to work at it, but he got there and was so proud of himself.
Basketball!
Drunken baby!
Just kidding. Amber and Thora.
Dancy loves having buddies.
A not-so-happy crowd at the end of the night. Except Thora. She rocked these pictures!
Dancy, Katie, Becky, Tommy, Brandon and Thora
For the record, Tom didn't wet his pants. He just dribbled a lot at the drinking fountain.
Erik and Dancy
Shad and I drove separately for this trip. He drove his truck so that he could pick up lumber for the kids' swingset, and so that I could stay longer with the kids to give them more cousin time. Shad went home on Sunday to get back for Monday work, but he was also productive while we were gone. When we got home, we had a completed swingset!
Now we just need to screw the control panel the dashboard.
Have I mentioned how attention this play set has attracted? Traffic is much slower on our street now. People slow down in front of our house to look at the tree house as they drive by. I've seen cars drive around the block for a second look. The kids in my Primary class at church interrupted our lesson one day to ask me about it. They don't even live in town! We were asked by complete strangers (I've never seen them before in my life!) at the movie theater if we're the family who lives in the house on the hill with the pirate fort. He and his coworkers talk about how cool it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment