Sunday, February 7, 2016

Fun Days

Sometimes we just need a day of fun. Fun, fun, and only fun. It's so hard to make that happen when I feel the way I feel all the time. But last month, it worked. I only asked the kids to unload the dishwasher in the morning. No other chores or helping me with housework. It had snowed overnight, but I didn't notice until 11 when I was reloading the dishwasher. Katie told me that she had already seen the snow, and declared that she was going to go play in it. So I spent half an hour rounding up all the right size snow pants, boots, hats and mittens, regulating kids going to the bathroom, and stuffing each child into their gear.

Worth it.


And they even stayed outside for more than 5 minutes! Thora was so jealous when she got left behind inside that I even got dressed and bundled us up to sit on the porch swing. Let it be known that my body is so physically uncomfortable that I don't get dressed anymore unless I have to. Yep, now you know. I can barely handle being in a robe with underwear on. Anything more than that is just awful and becomes unbearable after an hour. Sometimes 10 minutes.

Later that evening, Shad was busy elsewhere with something, so the kids and I had a tea party. Dancy and Thora have tea parties almost daily, but this time I joined and let us have Chex Mix and water.



Tom is getting to be a pretty good photographer.


"Now make crazy faces!"


No comments:

Post a Comment