Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Things They Say, part II

The dry erase board is filled up again, so here's the post.

Dancy's use of the word 'ever' always leaves a smile on my face.
Playing hide-and-seek: "Don't EVER find me!"
Talking about Levi: "I love my Levi! He's da best Levi EVER!"
After falling down: "I hurt my butt. But it's better. Mom, don't ever kiss my butt." For the record, I wasn't going to!

After getting washed up after a meal, Katie wanted to make sure she'd done a good enough job.
Katie: "Does my face look clean? There's just a little bit of red because there's tiny invisible owwies."
Dancy: "Oh, cwap! Dat cannot be good."

Katie, trying to use the correct verb and verb tense: "I reached...I wretched...no, reached an apple."

First thing coming down the stairs one morning--
Dancy: "We can sit down and read a book!"
Shad: "But what about breakfast?"
Dancy: "But what about books?"

Dancy has a pink blankie with white polka dots. It is her "coconut blankie."

If you ever get a text from my kids, here's how to tell who sent it:
Tom and Katie write real messages and sign off with their names.
Dancy sends specific letters of the alphabet that she loves. Her texts look like "Lllloooobbbbddddzzzz." That's L for Levi, O just because, B for blankie, D for Dancy, and Z for zebra.
And Thora's messages are just finger smashes: asfjl;kdpowuiqaetnwtr02

Every time I put Dancy down for a nap or for bed:
"Hey guess what? After I wake up, after you wake up, after Thora wakes up, after Katie wakes up, after Tommy wakes up, after Dadda wakes up, we could have a TEA PARTY!" Verbatim. Every time.

And what finished off the dry erase board space was when I had to play stenographer for tonight's dinner conversation. We just got a beta fish from friends who are moving, and the beta was previously named Rainbow Dash.
Me: "What should we name our fish?"
Tommy: "Rainbow Beauty. Rainbow Stripe. Rainbow Fish."
Katie: "Butt. Butt water!"
Dancy: "Fart water!"
Katie: "Toilet water!"
Tommy: "Mom, are you writing this down?"
Shad: "You can't help if you're going to only say silly things."
Dancy: "And pooping and farting and peeing."
Me: "Yeah, that too. So let's think of human names."
Tom: "Tommy!"
Me: "We already have one Tommy in this house. We can't have two."
Shad: "It could be a planet name. Jupiter...Saturn...Mars..."
Katie: "Pluto!"
Shad: "But not Uranus."
Me: "No, because that falls into the previous train of thought."
Shad: "Jupiter? Everyone okay with Jupiter?"
Everyone agreed.
Katie: "And Pluto can be his Kendell name!" (that means last name)
Shad: "Megan, is that okay?"
Me: "Yeah, I'm fine with Jupiter. Just no Rainbow S-H-I-T."
Shad: "No, because we wouldn't want to name it that. That's ice cream, right?"
And thus we settled on Jupiter Pluto.

And if you don't know the ice cream reference, here's a happy video to watch:



No comments:

Post a Comment