After kissing Thora, Katie exclaimed, "Haha! I kissed a woman!"
Teaching the kids the definition of the words "male" and "female," I told them that a female is a girl or a woman. Dancy added, "And Black Widow."
While playing, Tommy told me he was going to kill me. Then he said, "Just kidding. I'm not going to kill you. I usually don't want to kill my mother. I usually want to keep you."
In January, Thora had a conversation with her friend Elisha, who is 3 months younger than her. Neither had a very large vocabulary at the time, but they both knew "uh-oh" and "bye-bye," so that's how they talked to each other for several minutes.
Thora's favorite book is A, You're Adorable, so when she reads books to herself, she says, "A! A! A!"
Sometimes kids find better ways of saying things. I call these words "ki'tractions." For years, we've called Honey Bunches of Oats "Honey Boats." That's the way two-year-old Tommy said it, and it made too much sense to me to correct it. Dancy has done the same thing with hand sanitizer. She calls it "Hanitizer."
I asked Dancy one day if I could change her diaper. "Oh, dat's so nice! But no. It's fine." "Okay, well come here anyway." "Nevah!"
Shad greeted Dancy one day with, "Hey, Cheeks!" She didn't miss a second before responding, "Hey, Bum Bum!"
Shad had Tommy in a tackle hold, and Katie demanded, "Set him free!" Shad said no, so Kate countered with, "Then kill him! Kill him!"
Dancy has a new word she loves to say: "disgusting. " However, she mixes up the sounds and pronounces it "gus-dusting!"
Pris (Nana) washed sheets and asked Tommy if he'd like her to put the dinosaur sheets on his bed. He couldn't contain his excitement and exclaimed, "Damn yes!" She and Shad asked Tommy why he said that. He replied, "Because it's damn awesome!" After choking back their laughter, Shad told Tommy not to say that.
You know that baby reflex when their cheek gets stroked they turn and start sucking to eat? Tommy kissed Samson's cheek, and Samson turned to suck on Tommy's cheek. When Tommy realized Samson wasn't trying to kiss him back, he laughed and said, "Mom, he thinks I'm your breast!" What I find most funny about this is that we don't say 'breast' in our house, we say ,"boob."
No comments:
Post a Comment