Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Kids...

Continuing February:

Katie is our family hairdresser. She started getting fancy with Dancy's hair.


When I try to take picture of one kid because he's being cute playing with his baby...



they all want in.
{Dancy, Katie, Tommy, Samson, Thora}


This picture is awful, but I'm glad I have it because it shows that Samson and Thora have been working as a team to take the diaper trash out of their room every night...all the way out. Sam isn't satisfied with just putting it by the door. He tells me to put it outside in the trash can.


I told the kids one morning that I would take them to the library for storytime. We haven't been doing that lately. Katie was so excited that she dressed like a librarian and made a name tag.


Borscht should be a new expletive, I think. Especially when spilled on beige carpet. Luckily I was able to get it all out and we don't have pink speckles!


Several of our kids have been developing a love for skateboards. We bought one at a thrift store. Now we just need to learn to ride it. I don't know how!
{Samson}


March 2nd, the day before the Home Depot workshop day, I was suddenly violently sick. Lying in bed all day. Sending Shad to the dentist alone with 5 kids. A pretty incompetent and unorganized office that almost turned him away because they "didn't have his appointment." And gave him paperwork and then after he filled it out, while managing 5 kids and being pulled into the exam room for discussion, they told him he didn't have to fill out the paperwork. I also had picked up playing the organ for two funerals that weekend and had to cancel one. Saturday. Saturday Shad and I had planned that I would take Katie and Dancy to Home Depot early so they could get to a birthday party that started at the same time we normally go to HD. I barely managed that. Didn't even have the brain power to tell the grandparents across the table to mind their own business if my six-year-old is using a hammer and nails without my supervision. She's got this. Parent your own kid, not mine, thank you. She came with her own toolkit, so that should tell you something. Anyway, I had to help the girls rebuild their project twice because I was reading the directions wrong in my brain haze. So we got done late and got to the party late. Then I had just a few minutes to rest on the couch before going to the second funeral I was determined not to bail out on. I made it.

Sooo...the "Easter Bunny" was at Home Depot. That was the character for the month to take pictures with. Can we just stop and talk about how stupid that is? Santa is one thing, but a bunny suit?! I mean, at least this bunny doesn't look as creepy and demented as these ones, but still. Why insult the intelligence of your kids and tell them this is the Easter Bunny that comes to their house. What are they gonna do, tell the bunny what they want in their baskets? Ugh. The caption should say, "We just wanted the candy in the eggs. Don't give a crap about you!"
{Tommy, Thora, Samson}

No comments:

Post a Comment