The night before Sam's birthday we rearranged the two kid bedrooms to have one bedroom and one playroom. Sam and Dancy were rockin' out on the new bunkbeds in their room:
"My bir'day is coming!"
February was a little frustrating for me. I tried a month before Sam's birthday to start talking about party, presents, inviting family, etc. Every time I brought it up to Shad I got no response. Until a week before Sam's birthday. So that's how much notice anyone had on being invited to celebrate Sam's birthday with us. All of Shad's family was able to come, and my mom and sister-in-law Amber. Logan and Brittny came later. Samson loves Logan, Shad's coworker, and is warming up to Brittny, Logan's wife.
The weather wasn't warm that weekend to play at the park (even though it had been earlier in the week), so we just hung out in the house. That was a lot of people in our small house, but somehow it worked! We didn't plan any activities, just let everyone enjoy spending time together. Samson loved having all his favorite people there for him.
Singing before opening presents
{Dancy, Ryan, Tommy, me, Samson}

We like to skip wrapping paper for birthdays and just go for towels or blankets.
Ruth and Coltyn!
{Amber, Jayne (my mom), Tabitha, Shad, Thora, Dan}
Tommy got Samson a lightsaber for Christmas. Fighting against a sword was all right, but Tommy got Samson another lightsaber for his birthday and now they have REAL battles!
{Shad, Thora, Dan, Dancy, Ryan, Samson, Katie holding Lindsey}
Bronco shirt!
{Dancy, Ryan, Tommy, me, Samson, Thora}
Acting like a two-year-old in between opening presents. He also got Batman pjs, an orange football, SnapPea Crisps, Costco popcorn, two Lego sets, animal crackers, two car tracks, and more I can't think of.
Oh, the excitement of opening a Lego set! Samson wanted to build it right away and forget everything else. I persuaded him to wait on the Lego set and let him eat animal crackers instead.
Yay for snack presents!
Master Tommy
Testing out the car track from Logan and Brittny.
{Brittny, Amber, Tommy, Dancy, Thora}
Vern
Levi
Before everyone arrived, I had Tommy and Katie helping prep the potatoes to do baked potatoes in the crockpot. Katie has helped me with potatoes before, so she assured me that she knew what to do. When I came back 10 minutes later expecting that all the potatoes would be done, I found that Tommy had only done two. He told me that Katie instructed him to poke the fork in the potato all the way around to make an X. No wonder it was taking so long! The rest of the potatoes got prepped a lot faster.
I saw lactose free vanilla ice cream and decided to try it out on Sam. He still got a light rash, but for his birthday he got to enjoy blueberry pie with ice cream.
Sooo good!
Balloon volleyball broke out while Samson and Tommy had a lightsaber fight.
{Pris, Thora, Amber}
{Tommy and Samson}
Samson said, "Aghhh! You got me!"
Samson loves to "scew" things with his "scewer." "I can scew it!"
By the end of the day, this kid was wiped out! Some people stay up all night to party, but two-year-olds have to stay up all day to party.





















No comments:
Post a Comment