Sunday, January 8, 2012

Never trust a cow in winter.

I really can't remember much of this week right now, but I'll try.  We missed church last Sunday because Tommy woke up with a horrendous cough.  We didn't know whether it was a sick cough or a teething cough, but we didn't have time to find out.  I'm pretty sure it was just a teething cough--he was teething the first half of this week.  We gave Tommy bubble bath soap for Christmas and he enjoyed taking bubble baths this week to ease his fevers.

As usual, we went on our Thursday outting to the library.  After lunch, both kids went to bed.  I finished reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (seriously weird book), and then succumbed to the need to take a nap myself.  I thought for sure that the kids would wake me up within an hour (they went down at 1 and I went down at 2), but they didn't.  Tommy woke me up at 4:30, just minutes before Shad walked in the door.  He and I played Cleopatra that evening, a game he got with birthday money but didn't order until last week.  It's fun and addicting.Tommy ended up staying up late with us (10:30!) to have popcorn and watch an episode of  Shaun the Sheep, which he asks for by saying "baaa."  My kid is cute.  He spent half the time eating popcorn and the other half the time rolling around on the couch laughing.  My kid is nuts.

I got a haircut on Friday, finally! I've been talking about it for almost 3 months.  Shad and I put the Christmas decorations away, played more Cleopatra and ended up having a date night at the movies.  Our movie theater runs on a pretty cool system: the only employee is the manager.  Anyone else that works there is a volunteer and the compensation is a free movie, popcorn and drink of any size.  We found this out shortly before Katie was born and worked there for the first time just 2 days before Katie came out.  We have fun doing it and the manager has called us in twice now when he's needed help.  We saw Jack and Jill, which is not one of Adam Sandler's better movies, but probably one of his cleanest.  I didn't see Bedtime Stories, though.

Saturday Tommy and I both woke up sick.  It was a pretty miserable, achy day for both of us and he's still not 100% today.  I'm glad that we had to be sick on a weekend when Shad was here to take care of everyone.  We both got really good cuddles from our pathetic, tender Tom. And it was really nice to have a store of pumped breastmilk in the freezer from Katie's time in the hospital so that I didn't have to worry about getting her sick by feeding her, or about not having enough for her since I had a hard time drinking much.  And so we stayed home from church today to have a day to recoup.  I still don't have much appetite, but feel fine and energetic otherwise.  Tommy is gaining energy, but is still not feeling completely well.  It's so sad to have him lie in my lap and moan, but not know what he needs.

Anyway, here's pictures I found on our phones:


Tommy helping put up Christmas decorations.


Katie being...Katie.




Tom holding his Katie.  What a goofy look on her face!





Tommy has discovered the joy of heating vents on the floor, namely, the one in the bathroom.




She fell asleep sitting up on my lap, then slouched over.  Cute kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment