Monday, January 30, 2012

Smiles and shocks

Why is it that every time I sit down to write, I don't know what to say?  I have no recollection of the past week and I usually sit here for about 10 minutes trying to come up with something.  Anything.  And then when I'm done writing, a day later I'll remember things I forgot to say and tell myself to be sure to include that the next time I write.  Like the fact that we spontaneously had Katie's baby blessing the weekend that my parents and Lori were here.  Our apologies to our Bailey friends, Alice, and Jake and Amber.  It really was a spontaneous thing and we'd still love to have you guys come visit us just for the heck of it.

Aside from that, I'm really struggling to come up with something to say!

Katie had a cute flirt session with her bumpa this week.  They kept it up for about 10 minutes, so I was able to snap pictures and get our first picture of Katie smiling.  Her face is a little beat up because her nails needed clipped.



We had fun running some errands last week.  We went to Pamida, our local retail store.  Tommy likes to play in the furniture area.  He got to test out his very own Tommy-sized recliner.


He also had a shocking experience playing on a microsuede, big-sized recliner.  Right after this picture he climbed down, touched a nail on a pallet and his hair fell flat.  It was a pretty loud shock!



Shad's parents are moving and have enlisted us to help them sell their house so they don't have to hire a real estate agent.  We do all the advertizing and foot work for them, and they'll compensate us so that we can buy a car. 

We got to work at the theater again on Friday.  We saw War Horse, though I think we should have gone to We Bought a Zoo.  I'm not going to say War Horse wasn't a good movie...it just wasn't my kind of movie.  Long, slow war drama with little action.  It was interesting to see the war clips because you just don't see many WWI movies.  But really, I watched the clock the whole time.

We had a fun dinner on the porch yesterday with Elder Nelson and Elder Jarrell.  Nice warm weather that we just had to take advantage of.  Speaking of which, we've got 60s today and I better go get things done so we can enjoy an afternoon out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment