Monday, October 8, 2012

End of October

Here's a post I just found from 2 years ago.  Apparently I never published it and it's been in my draft folder.  Oops.


It's been over a month and I don't even know what all I need to update...

My birthday was September 25. Shad made a scavenger hunt for me to find my present. It was a 12 piece Chinese tea cup set with a teapot at the end. There was a tea cup hidden with each clue along the way.

Shad's family came out here from Kansas the first weekend in October for Dan's open house at Buckley Air Force Base. We enjoyed hanging out with them. Shad changed Tommy's diaper and brought him out with his shorts on his head. Tommy's expression was a riot!

We ended up going to visit the family in Kansas the following weekend. We haven't been since February, so we decided to go for a road trip. Tommy did great with the drive, but after 2 back-to-back 4 hour drives, he didn't want to go back in his car seat for anything. We tried to give him a good long break.

In other eventful news, Tommy rolled from front to back 3 times on Sunday! He hasn't done it again since, though. Wednesday I baked around 6 dozen banana chocolate chip muffins with my 2 bananas and Mom's 4 bananas that were very ripe. I've split the muffins to share with others and still have two bags to deliver today. Then just last night, Tommy rolled over 3 times again, this time from back to front.

On Saturday we helped my friend, Sharley, with a Halloween carnival she was running at work for all the coworker's kids. She works in the provisioning department at Southwest Airlines, so the carnival was outside on airport property. It was really cool to be so close to the runways with all the airplanes taking off every few minutes. It was also a lot of fun to hang out and play with all the kids. We were there from 11-4. Tommy was dressed as Superman and won the costume contest! He got a Southwest lunch box, night light, paddle ball, freezer cup, glowsticks, etc. After the carnival we went to our ward chili cook-off, then rented Robin Hood. That is a very good movie. We really liked it.

Beyond that, I think all I have left is to update pics...

Tommy really likes to dance. I'm not sure whether he's dancing here, or just flapping his arms:)

I took Tommy out to experience grass at my parents' house, and he fell asleep. Amie (the dog) wouldn't come in the house and just leave him all alone out in the yard. She was a very good babysitter.

While Tommy was asleep out in the grass, I got a head start on decorating cupcakes for my sister Lori's school newspaper fundraiser. Being almost October, I made some mummies...


and bears.


After Tommy's nap out in the yard, he took a nap in Lori's room. Lori really wants a niece, so she gave him the blue bracelet and let him sleep with her pink and purple fuzzy unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment