I had a sick day today. Head, stomach, intestines. From the moment Tom woke up, he was on his game. He climbed into bed with Momma and cuddled. We fell back asleep until I got a text from Shad that he forgot to take out the recycling. So I got up and dressed and took it out. Tried to eat half a mug of oatmeal and didn't make it through. Decided to try and sleep some more on the couch until kids woke up. Tom came down at 9. He was a bit upset, but when he saw me, he knew I wasn't feeling well. He just gave me a kiss and rolled himself onto the couch and into my arms. That's when I knew I had to throw up. I ran to the kitchen and when I finished, Tom came in to ask me if I was okay. Yeah, Tom, I'm okay. But he saw through that. "Momma sad. Noisy." Yes, my throwing up was a bit noisy. He gave me a hug and took my hand, saying, "Come on, Momma." He walked me back to the couch and had me lie down.
Some time after 10, Katie woke up. Tom helped me upstairs to get her. We got her and turned off the music and night light. Tom told me, "Mom, Kaie (no typo, he doesn't pronounce the T) need oapmeal." (Again, no typo). He took my hand and lead me to the stairs, then teased me on the way down that he was gonna get my butt. He told me he needed a diaper change, so we went to do that. When his turn was done, he told me Katie needed one, too. So we changed her diaper. Then he took my hand and lead me to the kitchen so he could help me make "oapmeal" for him and Katie. While the oatmeal was cooking, I went to the bathroom. Tom came in when I finished to tell me that Katie was messy. Sure enough, she'd found my uneaten oatmeal. I got her cleaned up, and set the kids up with their breakfasts. I went back to the couch. Tom kept checking on me to make sure I was okay. He handed me my water bottle from the coffee table, and picked up my phone that I had set on the floor by the couch. "Ooops, Momma! Phone fall down." I decided to call someone and see if she could take the kids. It was such a hard phone call to make because I knew I couldn't really handle Katie and that Tom would have more fun, but what was I going to do without my Tom to take care of me?
I drove them over there after they finished breakfast and Tom invited me to come in and play with them. I told him I was going to go home and lie down. He said, "No Momma go home yie down." I told him that he'd get to play with Peyton and Brexton and have so much fun and that I was going to go lie down. He thought about it for a few seconds then said, "Momma, go home." Then he bravely went up the steps to go have a play date without me. He has such a hard time leaving me, that it really was a brave thing to see him go like that. I cried several times while he was gone because I missed him so much. I just love the sweet little boy that I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment