I don't know where he picked it up, but Tom learned that pirates have hooks on their hands. So now when he plays pirates, he gets a hanger...and ends up holding it backwards!
Katie is a climber and quite proud of herself, too.
And good at helping finish leftovers. She found her leftover birthday brownies after I evicted her from the dishwasher and helped herself .
City wide cleanup means that everybody puts their junk on the curb and it gets picked up on the designated Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. That also means that the preceding weekend is generally known as "trash swap." We participated in the scavenging and came out with a 7 piece Coleman cookware set (I told Shad that I was pretty sure Dad would beat me with a stick if I passed that up); a small bookshelf; a triple stroller that needs a simple wheel repair; a baby toy...one of those arched things that has dangling toys on it for the kid to play with while lying on their back; a trash bag full of girl clothes (I have yet to go through it); and swing set grip handles, plastic wheel, some hardware, and a glider swing. Not bad for trash swap! We put out stuff of our own, but it really was trash. On Monday, when the pick up actually began, there was a...well I don't know what all those machines are called. Look at the picture. That thing was parked outside our house for about 3 hours and was the cause of much excitement.
When the kids discovered that it was just sitting there, they had some youtube time.
This dump truck came by that had Shrek strapped to the front for some reason.
Just a couple of kids sharing milk time together.
The Sunday before Halloween was stake conference for us. We didn't go because Shad had worked 58 hours that week, but the cherry on top was that on Saturday night, Tom hit his head on the coffee table and we took him to the ER just to make sure he didn't need stitches. We were told to keep a close eye on him and spending 2 hours in the car, then 2 hours of conference and another 2 hours in the car just didn't sound like a good idea. Turned out to be a good thing because I woke up with a terrible headache. Worse than I've had before and Ibuprofen didn't take care of it. I spent a couple hours just lying down in bed while Shad entertained the kids. When I was finally able to come downstairs, this is what I saw:
Minus Shad and Tom. All I saw were the chairs, benches and pillows arranged like that and couldn't help laughing at what fun that must have been...whatever it was. I found the builders down in the basement and asked what I had missed. "Oh, that's Her Lady's Vigor." Well what the heck does that mean? "Oh, it's our pirate ship." I had a fit of hysterical laughter at that point, imagining my kids playing on a pirate ship called Her Lady's Vigor. Shad and Tom gave me demonstrations as to what that looked like. They shot at things out the window.
And had sword fights. Tom used me to share/swap out the weapon he wasn't currently using.
One day when I wasn't feeling well, Tom went upstairs to play with his hammers and ended up taking a nap on "Nana's bed."
Katie has this little Alfalfa clump of hair that usually stands on end at the back of her head.
We went trick-or-treating with our friends, the Vanderveers. Eden was The Little Mermaid, Hattie was Cinderella, Tom was Harry Potter, and Katie was Dobby. All kid costumes were sewn by the moms.
And in case you missed it, we're expecting a #3 May 18th.
No comments:
Post a Comment