We had a fun Father's Day after church. Our ward doesn't seem to cancel any meetings for holidays, because Shad still had to go to his morning meetings on Mother's and Father's Day, and they had BYC (a youth planning meeting) after church on Father's Day. The kids got Shad Gloom, a card game where you make your fictitious family members as miserable as possible before they die, and IBC Rootbeer and Darkside Skittles. I got him boba tapioca pearls and straws to go with them. We had pineapple ham from the crockpot (one of my freezer meals) with a sweet potato left from Thanksgiving (2 pounder), and artichokes for dinner. After the kids went to bed we made slushies to pour over the cooked boba. It's going to be fun figuring out what ways we can serve and enjoy boba at home since there's nowhere remotely close to us that we could get it.
Back in May Shad gave me my birthday present early because he wanted me to be able to enjoy and use it in the warm months rather than at the end of September before it gets cold and messy outside. He got me a bow and arrows! It's pretty cool and we've enjoyed going out to the ravine behind our house a couple times to shoot it. By the way, being down in the forested ravine with a bow and arrows totally gave both of us a Hunger Games sensation.
On May 17th, I was 1000 days old. Apparently at work, Shad has this date calculator on his computer that will calculate how many days it's been since a particular date. When Shad entered my birthday, he saw that I was soon approaching 1000 days old and he saw fit to celebrate that. I had a large box to open that morning and find a helium balloon, card explaining the date, Reese's peanut butter cups, and the card game Spot It. When he was shopping in the card aisle, a lady asked him if he needed any help. When he told her the occasion was "my wife is 1000 days old," she simply replied, "I don't think I have a card for that..."
No comments:
Post a Comment