Thursday, July 27, 2017

Camping With Tommy

"Go camping," they said. "It'll be relaxing," they said.

Not with a six-year-old boy overjoyed and jazzed up to be camping for the first time.

This is the same boy who loves just sitting by ponds and lakes because it's relaxing. Why did I ever conceive that we might do just that? We didn't. And the one time we did, he kept asking me if I was bored and that he'd hurry and finish his drawing so we could go have fun. It was only five minutes.

But here we go, boy playing energetically with our fire instead of sitting and letting it hypnotize him. This fire was hard worked for because of the dang Kansas wind. We actually gave up on roasting hot dogs, went to the Mexican restaurant for dinner and returned to try again for smores. We won the second time.


Do I look like I'm smiling through frustration and exhaustion? I feel like I look tired.


Chilling at the pond?


No. Rambunctiously throwing in rocks.


Ahhh! That five minutes of peaceful water reflection.




And then shooting BBs and playing shuttlecock.


We had loads of fun, but I think next time I'll teach him how to relax with camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment