After we got mostly unpacked, we started going out exploring. I found East Library, which is a huge library with many activities all the time, storytime for kids, and the Educational Resource Center (ERC) on the second floor (which we also love). I started taking the kids to storytime, and once a lady told me about a Forest Explorers group that she takes her kids to.
We loved the Forest Explorers the first couple weeks we went, but as it got colder (which still wasn't very cold), Thora and Sam started to make such a fuss that I had to stop going. We'll see our forest friends again when it's warmer. I just can't stand two hours of two clingy, fussy kids who refuse to do anything but cling and fuss. Plus, I need to stay home for a while anyway to potty train Thora. That'll start next week.
Anyway, I digressed. Here's a few pictures of happy foresting and "adventuring."
{Dancy and Samson}

This picture is actually a big deal. I've described Dancy as a 'timid mouse' for a long time. She's just afraid of so many things! But here, she broke out of her fear and started to explore and push her comfort zone. She even crossed the stream once or twice.

Thora and Samson

At home, Samson really bonded with Shad while he was with us for so long. Shad didn't start work until November 13, and Samson loved having his dadda buddy every day.

Only the night before did I decide to go to my pseudo-high school 10-year reunion. I'm on the fence, leaning toward indifferent, regarding high school reunions. But I graduated a year early from high school, so my true 10-year was last year (which I didn't attend).
It was a double reunion for the 20-year and 10-year classes, and I actually knew a few people in the '97 class. That's my oldest sister's class.

We got to tour Overland, as well as the science building where the bus loop used to be. The kids took turns testing the flight gear in one of the classrooms.
Why anyone would care that alumni from '07 are at the homecoming game is beyond me. But I had fun catching up with Xuy.
We had stayed at my mom's house that weekend and when we were ready to leave, Lori noticed that Mom and Thora were matching. So we took a picture.

And in case you've ever wondered why it's difficult to get a good picture of a three-year-old...
Most of the pictures I snap come out blurry.
And then we needed Lori, too! I've got this picture for my phone background and the previous one for my lock screen so Samson can see his Gamma and Lori all the time.
Because our HOA says that leaves can't be in the street, Shad took the kids out to sweep them up.

Happy workers!
{Dancy, Katie, Tommy, Samson, Thora}

Samson fell asleep on the floor in the hall.

Okay, so Thora's birthday happened. Her birthday was two weeks after we moved. I don't remember anything we gave her, but my mom and Lori came down for dinner, which was salmon, couscous, and broccoli, Thora's favorite dinner. Brownies with big purple pearl candies for dessert. They didn't even cool enough before I put the candles in, so we had some waxy bits. Lori and Mom/Grandma brought a box of clothes that they had picked up at a giveaway for all the kids. Thora once again declined getting her ears pierced. She was all for it months ago until I wanted to make sure her consent was informed and I gave her ear lobe a pinch to demonstrate the short pain. She's been turned off the idea ever since.
Some time after Thora's birthday, we went to Target (her new favorite store) to look around for her to spend her Grandma gift money. While perusing the toy aisles, Shad joked about having Thora buy Wonder Woman so we could watch it again. I told him he couldn't use his daughter like that. But when we all walked to the DVD section, Thora saw the display of Wonder Woman and shrieked with delight! "Oh, it's my WONDER WOMAN!!" I told her that she had some money from Grandma and she shrieked further, "I can BUY it?!!" That settled it. We spent two nights working on watching the movie.
{Dancy, Thora, Katie, Tommy}

I love so many things about this picture. This boy's face. His hair. His suave pjs. And he just found his Lori.






What a joyful read this was. Thora and Samson are really growing. ☺
ReplyDeleteThey are! I have to keep remembering that Samson is still only one when he speaks in full sentences with such clear pronunciation. And Thora is finally getting ready to potty train soon! Hallelujah!
Delete