This pretty much sums up September for us. Dancy fell asleep in the couch like that. We were all exhausted all the time.

We went to Tim Cumming's house for the first football game of the season. Dancy got all dressed up for the occasion.

Also, at the football night, Samson actually sat down and watched TV for the first time in his life. In one and a half years, I couldn't get him to sit and watch for anything, not even cuddling with me. But when he saw the football stuff, he was glued, pumping his fist in the air, yelling, "Wooo hoooo!" I say football stuff because the game hadn't started yet. The players hadn't even run out on the field! But he was hooked. And then because he was interested in football, he was suddenly interested in Moana. Such a lifesaver to have him suddenly interested in watching something, even for a few minutes, right when I needed to be packing and selling everything!
And we still took breaks from the chaos. I had the 6-in-1 Rebecca book from the American Girl series borrowed from Chris Clark.

So this is how our September went: First weekend, we decided to move. Second weekend, we continued to pack and purge. Third weekend is always a statewide Highway 36 garage sale, where we got to sell everything that I hadn't already sold on Facebook. Pris came that Sunday to help us pack. Fourth weekend, we moved. First weekend in October is when everyone in Norton puts all their junk on their curb for citywide cleanup. Anything left on the curb gets picked up by the garbage company, if not by scavengers first. The timing of everything was perfect!
Katie said goodbye to her adopted grandparents, Laurel and Mike McDonald. I only got a real smile out of her when I told her to think of unicorn or monkey farts. Something like that.

Samson said goodbye to our neighbor dog, Salvador.



We took the kids to play at the playground at the lake. Samson stole the football Shad and I were tossing.


We had a final play date with the Clarks.
{Samson and Bonnie, Thora, Emily, Katie, Dancy, Tommy}

Katie had a tearful goodbye with that one. We all love Emily and Bonnie! And I'm a big fan of Chris.

I love this picture! Samson only ever sucks his thumb when he's got his blankie. However, this time, he's got just the tag that came off his blankie. He's become accustomed to holding the tag while cuddling his blankie. He also isn't allowed to have his blankie out of bed, so this was real creative and cute on his part!

And finally we were ready to move! I left a day early with the kids to get out of the way for Shad and helpers to load the truck. Pris stayed to help Shad clean things up, then she hit the road in the afternoon. On the way out of town, I stopped by Ed and Barb Ballinger's to say goodbye to them.
Ed's got this cart the kids had fun sitting on.

Happy kids with their buddy, Ed.

Mountains! Sayonara, Kansas!
No comments:
Post a Comment