Sunday, June 3, 2018

April

In April I took time to sort through a pile of papers that had been on our desk for who knows how long and found the kids' Christmas money from grandparents. It totaled $125, so I told them we should buy a trampoline. Katie was a little uncertain that she wanted to use $25 for that, but I won out. Found a trampoline with enclosure already disassembled and ready for pick up in Castle Rock...for $125! Shad came home from work early so I could go pick it up since I'd need the back seats folded down in the van and wouldn't be able to do so with kids in tow. We set the trampoline up for Family Home Evening.

Building the trampoline.


Dancy, Katie, and Emma, our neighbor


Katie and Emma


I almost forgot to tell about the drama that came with this fun backyard equipment! The day after we set it up, kids tested it out. Even though we have an enclosure, Dancy managed to take a head dive out the opening and hit her head on the cement patio. Then she fell asleep. Then she threw up. Then I took her to the ER and spent a few hours there finding out that she was okay, that falling asleep and throwing up are normal after a head injury and only concerning if the vomiting continues. Now I know! Dancy loved the ER experience, though. She got lots of attention and we watched Independence Day, which she decided might be called "Demon Death Star," or "Demon Death Alien." She said that when the alien skybeam turned on. Anyway, we just had to watch her for a day and then no worries.



Scarlet loves playing with boxes!





I've started employing Tommy, Katie, and Dancy in chopping veggies to have ready to go in the fridge. Samson hijacked one of their chopping stations.


I monitored an exchange student from Austria for the semester and we had him come spend the weekend with us. Everyone loved getting to know Lukas. Tommy shared Minecraft with him.


Shad and Logan took Lukas to a gun show, which was fun for him. We tried going to a park to play frisbee golf, but it turned out to be cold and windy. So we showed him Costco instead. We taught him to play Lords of Waterdeep and he picked it up quickly and loved it. We also drove up to Denver with him to a house warming my sister Becky was holding to celebrate adopting a boy. Lukas and Tommy fell asleep on the drive.


Europeans always want to know what's up with the big red cups Americans have at their parties (as seen on tv and in movies). Lukas got to experience it.


Sam rockin' one of his sister's sunglasses.


Thora


Tommy, Lukas, Thora, Katie, Shad, Samson, Dancy


Tommy, Lukas, Thora, Katie, Megan, Dancy, Sam


Saying goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment