Friday, October 30, 2015

I Hereby Knight You...Dame Talks-A-Lot

Because I have a two-year-old who speaks better than some five-year-olds, it's high time she earned herself a post of the things she says.

Our absolute favorite is: "I so love it/him/her!" Any time I mention Shad while he's at work, she exclaims, "I so love him!" Or when talking about her blankie, "I so love it!" Or about Thora, "I so love her!"

She's a middle child who will never be forgotten because she makes you pay attention to her and compliment her: "Mom, you're so cute and beautiful!" Thank you, Dancy. "Mom, say I'm so cute and beautiful." Oh, right. Dancy, you're so cute and beautiful. "Sing the Dancy Song!" Shad has a ballad that he sings about our Sundance child. I'll have to upload it some time.

While she says "de" or "dat" when saying "the" or "that," she can enunciate "another" perfectly.

Tonight I complimented her, saying, "Sundance, you're amazing. Did you know it?" She said, "I do! But I don't believe it. Sunday I will."

Multiple times a day: "No way, Jose. I don't believe it." By the way, she pronounces it 'bee-lieve' rather than 'buh-lieve.'

She used to straddle-walk over the length of Thora's body, while saying, "Bigga-bugga! Bigga-bugga!" The game came to be known as Bigga-bugga, but she never would do it on camera for me.

Now she'll stretch out her legs and walk around chanting "Nana boo-boo!"

Sometimes I'll compliment Shad to the kids, saying, "Did you guys know your dad is amazing?" Sundance will correct me, saying, "He's not amazing! He's handsome." Very matter-of-factly.

I call her Sweetie Pie or Cutie Pie, and once when I called her silly, she told me she's Silly Pie. Now she's simply my Dancy Pie.

Today, looking at the family photo on the wall from our wedding, Dancy asked me to "show her the Levi." All of our kids have a hard time with that one. Levi was only 10 when Shad and I got married, so the kids don't recognize the little guy in the picture. In fact, Dancy was quite sure that I was wrong. "That's not Levi! That's Ryan!"

Today, Thora was fussing, and Dancy responded with, "Baby! Freaking stop!"

Katie asked Sundance, "Dancy, can I look at this?" She replied, "Aw, bam! Yeah."

"Mom, I want talk to you. I want tell you someting. Let's play I Spot. (Her confusion over the two games I Spy and Spot It) It's my turn. I spy wis little eye someting dat's orange." Is it your orange cup? "Yes! You're right!"

"Oh, Mom, you wear orange for me? I love it, I love it! It's mine favorite color!"

"Oh, mine ladybug shirt! You wash dat for me? Thank you, thank you, Mom!"

"Oh, Micaiah! I so love him! I'm his best buddy ever."

I took her to the library last night and Miss Rosalie asked her where Thora was. Dancy answered, "She's outside. She's at home wif Dadda. She's playing wif toys." Miss Rosalie could hardly contain her excitement as this two-year-old kept spewing out more complete sentences of information to explain where Thora was.

Anyway, I could go on and on about the things she says because she talks incessantly, but I'll end here and just keep notes of fun things to include on future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment