Monday, October 26, 2015

One-Year-Old!

I love one-year-olds! Sooo happy to have one again!

Thora's birthday was on October 6. We did a simple birthday because I was still adjusting back to normal life and I don't have much energy. We didn't do presents (still could, I guess) because what do you give to a one-year-old who has a load of clothes and lives in a house overfilled with toys? And she doesn't know any better. She'll get stuff for Christmas.

We had a fun morning of music, dancing, blowing up balloons, and decorating for Halloween. She thought it was pretty awesome!




And she was ready for her regular (on the clock) morning nap at 10:30, right as I was ready to sit and take a break to rest myself and breathe again. Sister Youngberg and Sister Hall came over to visit for a little bit, and Cathie joined us for lunch. We had hot dogs, cheese and chips. Thora decided to just go for the ketchup and chips this time. And when I offered her juice from my cup with a straw (because she refuses to use sippy cups), she got so excited over the straw that she just wanted to have it to chew on. Forget sucking!



It was a Tuesday, so we had our usual game night with Paul and Mallory, but we brought Thora's birthday brownies.




We also sang to her several times, which was exciting for her every time. And this Saturday when we sang to Katie, Thora still thought it was all about her:)

No comments:

Post a Comment