Can I just pregnant vent about how much I hate this question? It really does nobody any good. If I happen to be feeling good, which isn't often this pregnancy, people are almost disappointed because they expect pregnant women to be uncomfortable and miserable. And if I am uncomfortable and miserable, I don't want to talk about it all the time. I really try hard to forget that it's there.
And then if I do proceed to explain how there are days that I just want to cry in the morning when I have to get out of bed because I know it'll be the last time I'm comfortable until 10 pm that night; or that pants are a physical nightmare; or that I really just try to get through each day at a time, that even though I only have a few months left, my mind is exhausted thinking that I still have that long left to go; that I've got about an hour max of standing at a time before my back is screaming in pain, and that sitting hardly brings relief because then my body is just folded over my belly, causing an aching pressure there; that I'm 6 months pregnant and have a 14-month-old who doesn't walk and is exhausting to carry up and down stairs and is also teething, while I've also got a two-and-a-half-year-old who is potty training and holds her poop for 48 hours before letting it out somewhere and my body aches every time I have to help her; yes, even after I tell anybody any of this, nobody offers to help and I'm just left wondering if that was simply to make them feel better about themselves.
And then I hear that people have been asking other people if I'm going to have a c-section. And what about my placenta. So let's clear that up too. If that were information that I felt like sharing, with any individual, I would. That's really personal stuff about my body. I could respond and ask, so, how's your menopause going? How's your prostate? Is it in good health? Are you going to go on a diet?
But instead of being rude and socially awkward, I'm just done. I really didn't want to tell anybody about this pregnancy because I hate all the questions, and I hate that saying so just makes me sound bitchy. I'm done answering "How are you feeling?" and "When are you due?" and "How much longer do you have left?" because if you're not going to offer help, or bother to remember when I'm due, or recognize that no one knows when a baby is going to be born (okay, I know Americans love their inductions and scheduled c-sections, but that should NOT be the norm), ...whatever. I don't even know where I was going with that thought. Point is: I'm done. For the fifth time, I will tell people when there is something to tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment