On a happier note than my last post, I've started writing kid-quotes on a dry erase board on my fridge, and it's full now, so it's time for a post.
"Mom, have you been mad today?" No, I've been having a pretty good day. Why? "Then why is the diffuser on?" --Tommy. Apparently he only associates the diffuser with mood-boosting oils.
"I seen dat before in a movie in da movie feater!" --Sundance, about anything, even if it's not true. Usually it's not true.
"You need to have to get dressed." "You need to have to wipe my butt." "You need to have to..." --Sundance
"I look like beautiful?" --Sundance
"I'm baby Rapunzel Strawberry Shortcake!" --Sundance, all the time, but most funny was when she told the head librarian that at the library.
"Dis is my baby Sundance. But... she's going to diiie." --Dancy, introducing her doll to me and Shad.
"Ohpsie dohpsie!" --Dancy. I don't know where she got this. She uses it like "oopsie daisy" but that's not something I say. I'm completely lost on the origin of this phrase.
One day at lunch, I told Dancy she needed to finish her cucumbers and then I'd give her a treat for dessert. She agreed to do so, even though she didn't want to. When I wasn't paying attention, she turned to her favorite missionary, Sister Youngberg, who was over to visit at the time, and said, "Please help me." Sister Youngberg replied, "What do you need help with?" "Please eat mine cucumbers for me."
We've listened to the song "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" a few times now and so Dancy walks around the house singing that. Just that line. It's the only one she knows yet.
And now about butts, because all of them have had butt quotes lately.
Shad helped Dancy walk up the stairs behind me today, and said, "Aw, look at that butt." Dancy said, "Haha! Yeah. Yuck!"
After taking the kids to Dollar General to pick out Christmas presents for each other, Tom and Katie were sitting in the van and Tom asked Katie what she got him. She said she couldn't tell him because it's a surprise. But as he continued asking, she answered with a completely straight face, "Tom, I got you a butt for Christmas. Actually, it's a butt head." "Really? That's what you got me?" "No. I'm not telling you the real thing." "Well what did you get me?" "I got you shoes." "Really? Is that the real thing?" "No. I got you a human." "Is that the real thing?!" "No." I was just dying laughing because she was so serious and matter-of-fact in her answers.
Shad asked Tom what he got him for Christmas. Tom replied, "A butt machine! With really big butts. Old butts. So old they make farts. It's like a fart machine. That makes farts right in your face."
No comments:
Post a Comment