Sunday, July 22, 2018

Home!

The thing I love most about traveling is that it makes you appreciate your life more. So that the same old things don't feel monotonous and you're actually glad to resume routine. And when you resume that routine with a fresh attitude of excitement, creativity abounds!

Like listening to Georges Bizet's Les Toreadors (Bullfighter) from Carmen.


And going to the park dressed like this so you can wear a little pouch on the belt.


And finding new ways to use a ladder.


And devising new pirate fashion statements.


"Look at me, Megan! I'm a pirate!"
(He's been calling me by my first name since at least April. It was 50/50 then, but then he picked Megan. I love it. It's indicative of our close relationship.)



And having the option to choose to sleep on the floor instead of your bed.


And then coming back to the Educational Resource Center at the library and discovering that they got a hydraulics kit while you've been gone! We built a lift!





There's a new church that's taking up residence in the elementary school across the street and they invited the community out to a carnival night.
Hooray for ring pops!


And face painting!


{Katie, Dancy, Thora, Tommy, Samson}


Tough girl showing off her face paint AND friendship bracelet she made.


Tommy's friend Tucker came, too.


Katie and Taylor got matching face paint.


Dancy is annoyed that I'm making her show me her manicure when she's got a Capri Sun she needs her hands to hold.


Hey, kids, here's how you can tell when your parents are ready to go home. We were still exhausted from Utah.


Then we took this one just so we all know we enjoyed the night, too.


And those clouds!


Scarlet didn't get much time out of her cage while we were in Utah, which is to be expected, bunny. So one morning I decided I'd let her out of her cage at the end of my yoga session. Having a furball nuzzle my hands and feet during final resting pose would be preferable to hearing her rattle her cage, right? I failed to take into account that this was her first time to have access to my hair.


I mentioned people were getting creative, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment